By my own playing. I pick up the guitar and I feel like I can't really create something that is personally satisfying. I guess you could say I've hit a "wall" of sorts.

I want to expand and get better and better and change my habits.

Any suggestions? Has this happened to you before?

Quote by Fryer Mike
Any suggestions?

thall
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Listen to new/different music for inspiration.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Go out of your comfort zone. I actually hit that "wall" a couple of years ago, and I was playing exclusively metal/hard rock and punk music. Then, I decided to expand my musical horizon and listen to rock, blues, jazz, country, soul and even some pop. And that was one of the best thing I have done, if not THE best thing I have done in my playing history. You usually listen to metal? Give Frank Zappa and Pink Floyd a shot. Biggest fan of blues music? Try and learn some Jazz standards.
Ayy there
Okay okay after some deep thinking I realized that my main issue is being able to transfer the stuff I hear in my head to the guitar. It's too complex...?! Should I just increase my technique?
If you don't know your notes by heart on your neck, you should learn them. It will help a LOT. It will make not only getting your ideas down easier, but it will also improve your improvising skills (to an extent).
Ayy there
Quote by Fryer Mike
Okay okay after some deep thinking I realized that my main issue is being able to transfer the stuff I hear in my head to the guitar. It's too complex...?! Should I just increase my technique?

Sounds like you need to develop your ear and your knowledge of the fretboard.

Learning songs by ear (doesn't matter how simple you start) would help.

Try learning a couple of songs that take you out of your comfort zone is also a good thing to do.
RIP Gooze

cats
just let it go

i mean,

come on
Quote by korinaflyingv
On the come up we were listening to Grateful Dead and the music started passing through my bowel and out my arsehole as this violet stream of light. I shat music. It was beautiful.
Quote by Burgery
just let it go

i mean,

come on
in the end we're all gonna die, so what's it all for?
Take a break man. Just don't pick up your guitar for a while. Week or two or something. Always work's for me.
Quote by Xiaoxi
Yea, you show her common sense. You show her your common sense hard. You shove your common sense down her throat. She's a naughty little thing and you need to beat some common sense all over her face.

^In regards to incest
Quote by Fryer Mike
By my own playing. I pick up the guitar and I feel like I can't really create something that is personally satisfying. I guess you could say I've hit a "wall" of sorts.

I want to expand and get better and better and change my habits.

Any suggestions? Has this happened to you before?

Try Jazz. You'll either sail on to glory or you'll sink into mediocrity.
buy a triangle
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Take up the piano
Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who...
Quote by Necrophagist777
I'm ORION, LORD OF EVIL, give me your soul and breathe in my darkness.

YOU WILL NOT ENJOY THIS......
╭∩╮( º.º )╭∩╮
Learn theory
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.
This may sound insane, but try intentionally limiting yourself to, say, playing with one hand.
Or randomly picking a few chords and making a song out of only those chords.

Also, try listening to different styles of music than what you usually listen to. I remember listening to jazz fusion for the first time ever and my playing style did a 180 as a result.
Ceci n'est pas une signature.
Wait a minute... The Pit is actually helping someone? and someone posting in the wrong forum.. You make me sick Pit
^^ I know right? Thanks guys I'll consider some of your suggestions.

Also, I think learning a new song would be beneficial I'm going to start working on Seven by Symphony X.

You guys are great.
In addition to learning a new song, I'd add the caveat that you should also choose a new song with new techniques or perhaps an entirely new style.

For instance, when I was first learning some basic percussive/'slap' fingerstyle acoustic playing, it was pretty daunting because it was such an alien concept to me. After getting through an initial first piece or two, however, I'm much more comfortable with it and it adds to my style repertoire
My God, it's full of stars!
Yeah I tackled that style a while ago and am fairly comfortable with it. I do a lot of slapping in my normal acoustic style, and sometimes I'll tune it to an open C and lay it on my lap and do it that way.