Page 1 of 4
The Who, Led Zep, Black Sabbath, Bush, etc

Am I missing something, or has British Rock been lagging in the last 5-10 years?

All I hear is British indie bands all the time. Nothing wrong with that, but sometimes you want some ****ing pure rock and roll.

Muse was doing very well until they released their last 2 albums and they kinda lost it a bit.

Biffy Clyro seems to be doing ok, but their last album didn't have any truly rock tracks.

Am I somehow blind to British rock, or have they all gone over to the Indie side?
Babyshambles are still around. And they are just about as much rock as The Who ever was but they are actually good.

Rock N' Roll/pure rock however is a crap genre and should be killed instantly.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by Philip_pepper

Biffy Clyro seems to be doing ok, but their last album didn't have any truly rock tracks.

Define "truly rock tracks".
Quote by Zeppelin71
Umm. . .uh. . .your mom touched sjones' dick. YOUR MOM TOUCHED OUR GUITARISTS GENITALS IN A CAMPER AT A BIKER FESTIVAL! truth.
TS probably wouldn't define them as 'rock', but I love me some Elbow.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Last edited by the bartender at Sep 9, 2013,
The classic rock genre has been done to death and bands trying to emulate that sound typically suck.
West Ham United
If Biffy Clyro is the best that British Rock has to offer I'd rather it was dead completely.
Haven't heard any songs by them but the name Biffy Clyro is stupid as **** and I will only assume they suck.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Lol Bush?

Biffy are a great band. Yes their name is wank but judging anything by it's cover/name is pathetic
Stop expecting popular bands to play harder rock when harder rock isn't in vogue at the minute. You need to look at relatively unknown bands to get what you're looking for - you need to look beyond the charts - YOU NEED TO GO DEEPER.
Quote by Philip_pepper

You think Black Chandelier and Stingin' Belle aren't rock?
Quote by CV334

Sir, the contents of my mouth just blew all over my keyboard, desk, and part of my monitor. For the record, it was slightly chewed Keebler cookies and coffee slurry.

The average pitmonkey's response to my jokes.
uhhh except Muse's last album was better than anything they've done since Absolution
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
oh come on there were only two songs that had dubstep elements, and Unsustainable was cool as hell because it was still made using his guitar. i want one of those synth controllers
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

Muse's new album was better than The Resistance, equal to Showbiz, but not as good as the rest of them. It was a bit goofy, I'm done with the experimentation and just want them to make another Absolution/Origin/Black Holes.

Also blame Kerrang. All they do is promote girly pop-rock bands because that's what shifts magazines.

Quote by mattgreen2205
What about Deaf Havana?

I think they are a very understated band at the moment. Fools and Worthless Liars had some awesome tracks

Their first album was great but then it went all downhill into pop-rock. Pop-rock is really boring but it's what most promising young British bands end up becoming in the end, because it's what gets them to a comfortable level.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Last edited by EndTheRapture51 at Sep 9, 2013,
Like Muse should just be using synths as flavour, have the core of the songs be 7-string riffing from Matt with Chris rocking out on the bass. Do that for an album then get back to being experimental and weird.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
Quote by Trowzaa
haters gonna hate

Potatoes gonna potate
How do you make a signature? Is this a signature? Sig?.... Nature?..... Sigmund Freud?...... Nature Valley?.... Sigmund Fraud?..... Frankie Valli?.... ah, $!*@ it...
Biffy Clyro have been so boring since Puzzle.

Same old dull rocky mush as Muse and all the rest now.
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
Quote by mattgreen2205
What about Deaf Havana?

I think they are a very understated band at the moment. Fools and Worthless Liars had some awesome tracks

Didn't they lose a member a year or so ago?

I remember one of their songs, Nicotine and Alcohol (somethingsomethingdarkside...). Was pretty good.
Quote by Nero Galon
Didn't they lose a member a year or so ago?

I remember one of their songs, Nicotine and Alcohol (somethingsomethingdarkside...). Was pretty good.

Their harsh vocalist left and they're now a 6 piece folk band.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfGZZJnoJ0U

I tske Muse over BMTH anyday
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
u jus gotta wait on tht oasis reunion m8 \m/
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
bring me the horizon sucks ass and ollie sykes is a terrible vocalist. the only good thing BMTH have done was the Suicide Season Cut Up
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Everyone thinks BMTH's new album is all atmospheric and progressive when all they did was nick Periphery's atmosphereic sounds and programmed drums and auto tune Oli Syke's voice.

I admit I like 'can you feel my heart' but errythin else ive heard is terrible
- Frank Castle
Quote by Acϵ♠
oh come on there were only two songs that had dubstep elements, and Unsustainable was cool as hell because it was still made using his guitar. i want one of those synth controllers

Dear lord are you joking? It sounds like a in-joke
Quote by willT08
Dear lord are you joking? It sounds like a in-joke

joking about what? i dont look at as really a dubstep song, i look at it as bellamy stepping outside the boundaries of muse for a song or two. it was pretty damn cool.
Quote by yellowfrizbee
Bitches be Crazy.

Quote by willT08
Nope, we've lost him lads

Being a dubstep elitist is no more cool than being a metal elitist is.

ie. it doesn't make you look great.

Quote by EndTheRapture51

ie. it doesn't make you look great.

Muse's tune isn't even close to being Dubstep though

It's just a shit tune made by a desperate band lol
Sounds like someone is pissed because a rock band writ a dubstep song that people have actually paid for
- Frank Castle
Quote by Amuro Jay
There's a UGer from the UK who has a band called Sons of Icarus who are actually pretty darn good, good old fashioned rock and roll.

They're playing Thursday in London and all the TC'ers are going and I don't have the money to go

EDIT: That tune they had, Friends Like These, was great (about Deaf Havana, not Sons Of Icarus)
Quote by EndTheRapture51

Being a dubstep elitist is a mug's game; you don't even get to save money on shower gel and shampoo like metal elitists do.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Page 1 of 4