I want to play like Hendrix, SRV, Freddie King, BB king clapton etc etc

ive started learning their songs but my abilities arent good enough to learn unless i drop the tempo to 40 bpm

anyway is there a recommended, website,book or DVD i should get to learn them.

(btw i have been playing for quite a few years but practising the wrong way etc. Just recently the last few years I have changed my ways.)
just play the song over and over again and play with the record

it is tedious but..your ears are your greatest weapon for mastering the art of guitar.

turn the speakers up match it with your amp tune it just right and find it.

hands down bar none, the bet way to learn and play.
Truthfully, i think the best way to learn any style of music, or any music in general, is by ear.

If you want to play like Hendrix and Vaughn and Clapton. Learn their stuff by ear. It doesn't matter if you have to drop the tempo down to 30-40 bpm. As long as you keep learning and learn things properly, you will be rewarded by it.

I wanted to play jazz like people like Joe Pass and Martin Taylor among others. I didn't read a book how to do it, i learned from using my ear. Now, it takes an awful long time in the beginning. Hell, taking out 3 phrases by ear left my mind exhausted in the beginning. But it's a skill just like every other skill and it needs to be worked on. Now, i am nowhere near playing and improvising like those guys were, but i have started to understand the language of jazz much faster then i believe i would've if i learned some other way. Now if you learn blues by ear, i can bet you will learn the language of blues very quickly. Mastering it on the other hand, will take time.
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
on the other hand, if you want to learn it as quickly as possible, you could get a book or a teacher which'll be much more efficient. We don't expect our children to learn calculus by themselves, for example.

I'm all in favour of training your ear, but not at the expense of slowing your progress at the guitar.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by redd9
I want to play like Hendrix, SRV, Freddie King, BB king clapton etc etc

ive started learning their songs but my abilities arent good enough to learn unless i drop the tempo to 40 bpm

anyway is there a recommended, website,book or DVD i should get to learn them.

(btw i have been playing for quite a few years but practising the wrong way etc. Just recently the last few years I have changed my ways.)

Do yourself a favor and check out Steviesnacks. I found it awesome for learning stuff from all the Kings.