What's up.
I asked this in the Pit and got varied responses and was redirected here by Hydra, the bastard (jk )
Is it true that I need UG plus to have a moving avatar? I tried uploading a GIF and it didn't work.
Is there anyway around UG plus?
Are you really that gullible that you can't tell when you're getting trolled? Dang man, that's pretty sad.

Okay serious response, no. You just need an even sized .gif.
And I don't think UG's automatic resize works on .gifs. At least not for me. So resize it yourself, save it to your computer and upload it yourself.
Nope, that doesn't work.
When I upload it from my computer it just doesn't move, when I try to input the URL it says that it can't find the URL/there's no picture there.
Quote by macashmack
Nope, that doesn't work.
When I upload it from my computer it just doesn't move, when I try to input the URL it says that it can't find the URL/there's no picture there.

Make sure you upload it as a .gif NOT a picture file...If you have the option to choose from...
Mines didn't move for the first few minutes. Give it a few minutes. I don't know what else if that doesn't work.

^ That too. If you didn't already, make sure either the link/image saved ends with the .gif
That includes the URL link.
Last edited by Joshua Garcia at Sep 9, 2013,
Its been a while since I've changed my avatar. So, I'm having a hard time remembering what I did to get it on here. I DO remember resizing it and possibly using tinypic.com to upload it...
Make sure it's optimized for playback. The GIMP has an option for that; it throws out unnecessary data in any frames after the first one, so it only stores the pixels that change over time. You can also try optimizing the palette. This stuff will make it smaller, so it stands a better chance of fitting into 19.5k.
Useful information shared..Iam very happy to read this article..thanks for giving us nice information.
Last edited by d3goldnews at Sep 10, 2013,
God damn it Bobby!
Just another Sheep in the design of the Almighty Machine.

-GEAR-
Gibson 60s Les Paul Tribute (Sunburst)
1999 Ibanez RG470 (TitaniumIce-MIJ)
Jackson RR3 (Trans-Red)
Peavey 6505+
Podx3