Hey there rockers,

I've got an oppurtunity to import Authentic Japanese version guitars,
I was wondering what are the most desirable guitars in your opinion..
What brand/models could you possibly be after ???

Your opinions would be muchly appreciated
Fernandes/Burny, Tokai, Killer, FGN, ESP, Ibanez...
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
Fernandes/Burny, Tokai, Killer, FGN, ESP, Ibanez...

Thanks danny, appreciate the reply

I should have specified that im only looking at electric guitars

Definetly looking at ESP, Ibanez ( got my self a beaut jemv7 steve vai)

My plan is too make an ebay shop selling these guitars and i dont want to pick up too much stock that i cant move so im wondering which models would sell the most
FWIW, those brands are mainly electrics.

As for moving the guitars, many of the Japanese brands are kind of obscure here in the West. I'd look at their lines and pick a few select models of the bands you like to test the waters.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Last edited by dannyalcatraz at Sep 9, 2013,
Atelier Z, Bacchus, Freedom Custom Guitar Research, Sugi, Strings Art, and XOTiC..
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
thanks for all your responses
will continu emy research for my new ebay shop
Burny, Edwards, Tokai always sell for good prices in the 'States as long as they're the MIJ models. None of that MIC Tokai nonsense here!
Quote by Ippon
Navigator, ESP, FGN, Epiphone (open book headstock for the local Japan market), Ibanez, Orville, Orville by Gibson, Fernandez, Momose, JVG, History, Fujigen, PGM, Seventy Seven.

I completely forgot about Seventy Seven and Navigator lol.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Fenders: Mustangs, Jaguars, Jazzmasters, Jagstangs and the like

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Yamahas are really underestimated. I know they only make a handful of high-end guitars, but they're great nonetheless. I've had my hands on the Mike Stern and Wes Borland signature models and they're just sweet, sweet instruments. I'm also a fan of their mid-range line

It's a shame they keep discontinuing their models all the time. You kinda get the feeling that the company doesn't take its guitar division too seriously, or perhaps they're just focusing on the domestic market over there

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
I would love to get myself one of these:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMjrQVx8Cl8

The maker is T's and I think they only sell domestically in Japan.
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Last edited by hminh87 at Sep 11, 2013,
More Ibanez. Saturate the market, make 'em dirt cheap.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Navigator, Ornetts, Bacchus, Momose, Van Zandt, Moon, History, FGN, seventy-seven, and the rest of the usual suspects.

the usual suspects are Burny, Tokai, Orville, OBG, Greco, Edwards, yadda yadda yadda...

my personal favorite is my bacchus BFV-2010K.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 11, 2013,
I would stay away from Edwards, at least from my experience. I bought a brand new Edwards ECY 165 ctm, looks beutiful but build quality and setup is just horrible. The trem route is off centre slightly and because its a neck through theres no room for adjustment. So your high E will always be falling off the fretboard. Plus they are made in china. It is a problem with the CNC machine so expect all of the neck through edwards to have this problem.

Just go for a prestige Ibanez ive got two and both are excellent.
RG's & Mesa's
Quote by e32lover
I would stay away from Edwards, at least from my experience. I bought a brand new Edwards ECY 165 ctm, looks beutiful but build quality and setup is just horrible. The trem route is off centre slightly and because its a neck through theres no room for adjustment. So your high E will always be falling off the fretboard. Plus they are made in china. It is a problem with the CNC machine so expect all of the neck through edwards to have this problem.

Just go for a prestige Ibanez ive got two and both are excellent.

Curious, how many Edwards do you have? And why did you hang on to an inferior one, assuming it's not a fake?
ha ha, well its not a fake, i bought it from Ishabishi or whatever, Its a great looking and sounding axe, but build quality is typical poor quality Chinese. I only have one Edwards, i have seen 1 other ECY i think it was the 145 with the same off centre trem route, with the high E falling off. The only thing you can do is file the screw gap in the saddles so you can move them all slightly higher towards the low E. The problem then becomes buzzing on the saddles if you dont re cut them to the propper angle.

Personally, with such a severe fault I would not risk purchasing another Edwards even if they do make some good models. Its like if you bought a car and the engine exploded and killed your family you prob wouldnt go for that make again.
RG's & Mesa's
my next LP is either a navigator, tokai or edwards. wouldn't think twice about one.
Get an Electra....they USED to be a Japanese company! And those new Omegas look sexxxxxxxy!

^^ The Edwards LP is my go to LP, Greg.

Quote by e32lover
ha ha, well its not a fake, i bought it from Ishabishi or whatever, Its a great looking and sounding axe, but build quality is typical poor quality Chinese. I only have one Edwards, i have seen 1 other ECY i think it was the 145 with the same off centre trem route, with the high E falling off. The only thing you can do is file the screw gap in the saddles so you can move them all slightly higher towards the low E. The problem then becomes buzzing on the saddles if you dont re cut them to the propper angle.

Personally, with such a severe fault I would not risk purchasing another Edwards even if they do make some good models. Its like if you bought a car and the engine exploded and killed your family you prob wouldnt go for that make again.

That's horrible! Why didn't you return it?

That's a relatively pricey guitar. I know it's MIC but the one I played was pretty sweet. The overly elaborate inlay killed it for me.
No international returns from Ishabishi under any circumstances. Checked out a few others and they all seem to have the trem routing slightly off. Not really a problem with a bolt on neck as u can just twist the neck slightly, but with a neck through, there really is no way to fix it. Cost me 2k delivered to australia. Never again will i buy a chinese guitar.
RG's & Mesa's
G-Life guitars need a mention. One of my favourite guitarists, Daita, started the company i believe.

http://www.g-life-guitars.com/products.html

and my favourite one

http://www.g-life-guitars.com/crossedge.html
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬