Man, I've been playing for 3 years now and this is all I have to show for it. Seriously considering quitting guitar because I've had such poor progress despite putting a tonne of effort into it. Here's a clip of me playing lead guitar over a backing track:

soundcloud.com/lguitaristl/anastasia
More information.

What exactly is wrong with your playing? Why don't you like what you hear? What were you expecting to sound like at this point? How much effort is "a tonne"?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
ok so you play basically a perfect cover of a pop rock song by slash and you're depressed about your progress/playing in three years time are you desperate for attention or do you need genuine advice about something you have hiding in your post that we are supposed to see to which i cant?.
My grandfather can play perfect covers of Slayer note for note and never practices. So yea I would be upset too, but just keep working at it
Quote by Fourfourforever
ok so you play basically a perfect cover of a pop rock song by slash and you're depressed about your progress/playing in three years time are you desperate for attention or do you need genuine advice about something you have hiding in your post that we are supposed to see to which i cant?.

My thoughts pretty much.

I have been practising serioulsy for year and few months and I cant yet play rhythm part of the popular beginners song Seek & Destroy properly (the fast part kills me, be it downpicked or alternate picked I just cant get it there up to correct speed. there is some progress but it has been sloooooooow). So I may be the last person you might want opinion from when it comes to progress and skill but I think yours has been very good and I envy you. Unless you are just attention whoring that is...

ESP LTD F-50 + Tonezone
Cort EVL-Z4 + X2N
Cort EVL-K47B

Marshall Valvestate 8100
Randall RG1503
Bugera 333
Peavey Rockmaster preamp

Line6 Pod X3
I intentionally didn't respond to this initially because I immediately thought it was a desperate fish for attention and egotistical benefit.. Now that i see people giving him what he most likely wants I'm going to comment..

TS don't be a fagg*t. Playing guitar is not a race or a competition. Noone cares what you can do after 3 years.

Yeeeah, this is obviously attention fishing. Don't like your progress? Practice more, learn more, study more, don't whine about it.