Page 1 of 2
If you could personally remake any movie (or, I guess, series) with an unlimited budget, what would it be? Why? What would you change?

I'd remake Sunshine because it has a really great premise and potential but there were parts where I didn't really agree with certain artistic choices or plot elements. For instance I'd make scenes set in space completely silent except for music and whatever characters would be hearing from within their suits. Mass Effect 2 did that quite a bit and it worked really well.
🙈 🙉 🙊
The Truman Show.

The plot shouldn't be given away in the title, cover image and the opening scene of such an amazing idea for a film.

I want ti to be seen as Truman is mentally ill the entire movie, paranoid schizofrenic until he proves everyone else, including the audience, wrong.

Would be nice.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The Truman Show.

The plot shouldn't be given away in the title, cover image and the opening scene of such an amazing idea for a film.

I want ti to be seen as Truman is mentally ill the entire movie, paranoid schizofrenic until he proves everyone else, including the audience, wrong.

Would be nice.

I'd remake the original Star Wars with Bieber as Luke, Selena Gomez as Leia and Zac Efron as Han Solo.
The Road. Beautiful book. The movie was so so close to being good.
WE ARE THE NIGHTMARE
That one where Scarlett Johansen have an unsimulated sex scene
I'll be the guy
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I'd probably remake Ball Draining Sluts 2. As a sequel it was very disappointing.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Avatar (Airbender, not giant blue smurfs). I'd hire someone else to direct it and make it into several part so the story isn't reduced to a bunch of kids doing kung fu magic. Then I'd use the extra money to lock M.Night Shyamalan into a mental facility.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by kikaykitko
Avatar (Airbender, not giant blue smurfs). I'd hire someone else to direct it and make it into several part so the story isn't reduced to a bunch of kids doing kung fu magic. Then I'd use the extra money to lock M.Night Shyamalan into a mental facility.

How can you do a remake of a film that never existed in the first place?
scarface. poor performance by al pacino, i'm going to cast myself as scarface and blow it out of the water.

godfather 2. poor performance by deniro. i'm going to cast myself as a young vito corleone and blow it out of the water.
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by Trowzaa
How can you do a remake of a film that never existed in the first place?

Forgot the title but it is based off the cartoon Avatar. This is the movie I meant:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0938283/
Quote by Jackal58
Daredevil - just re-release the directors cut without all the Evanesence style pop-metal, get Zimmer on that thing.
OUT OF ORDER
Quote by loose bowels
Daredevil - just re-release the directors cut without all the Evanesence style pop-metal, get Zimmer on that thing.
oh god the fashion in that film

Bullseye kept reminding me of Fred Durst if he'd gone grimdark.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Quote by Trowzaa
I know, I was joking I like to pretend it never happened.

Wish I could too but I was so outraged seeing that movie.
Quote by Jackal58
Thankfully I haven't seen it. I heard all the awful reviews and refuse to watch even a second of it.
Quote by loose bowels

Whenever people criticize Daredevil, I always say "I really liked the Director's Cut, minus the cheesy Evanescence music." There ya go.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The Truman Show.

Would be nice.

I like Truman Show, but I really want to see your version now, I'd give my budget to you
Any movie, really, but I'd make Dave Grohl play every character, be it main character, small characters, or background characters. All of them.
I'd make The Truman Show directed by Christopher Nolan where every character is played by Dave Grohl.
Id remake Love and other drugs but with me replacing jake gyllenhal that way I can sex Anne hathaway up
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Quote by Oyface
Any movie, really, but I'd make Dave Grohl play every character, be it main character, small characters, or background characters. All of them.

Being Dave Grohl.
I'd remake The Chronicles of Riddick. Give it the R-rating it desperately needed. Make the Necromongers not look so ridiculous. And also not call them Necromongers because that's a silly ass name. Just raise the general standards so it won't have to be the black sheep.
Quote by entity0009
If you could personally remake any movie (or, I guess, series) with an unlimited budget, what would it be? Why? What would you change?

I'd remake Sunshine because it has a really great premise and potential but there were parts where I didn't really agree with certain artistic choices or plot elements. For instance I'd make scenes set in space completely silent except for music and whatever characters would be hearing from within their suits. Mass Effect 2 did that quite a bit and it worked really well.

Sunshine is a good call. First half was great, second half not so much. I'd get rid of Pinbacker entirely.

I'd also redo all the Resident Evil movies after Apocalypse.
I'd like to remake the 80's B-movie classic Chopping Mall. The story would be the same, I'd just put more gory deaths in it.
I always get shit for this, but I'd remake The Shining. I'd like to sort of combine King's miniseries version and Stanley Kubrick's version. I love the vibe of Kubrick's but I'd really like to see the hedge animals like King envisioned. So creepy.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
no one fuckin cares
I'd remake the 5th season of Breaking Bad and it would be about Lydia's career as a meth addicted stripper.
I would remake Grease. I would make some awesome ads that make the movie seem like a really awesome remake, everything that you could possibly want in a movie. And then when people go to see it, it'll just be a documentary on making grease. And at the end everyone will fly off in a car.
The Resident Evil series.

I would eliminate Alice and stick to the game format.
The 80s version of Scarface with Al Pacino.

So much potential, but it tries WAY too hard in some areas, and doesn't try hard enough in others. It's also one of Pacino's worst performances, and it has a god-awful soundtrack.
Quote by JohnnyGenzale
The Truman Show.

Would be nice.
Directed by M. Night Shyamalan.
Taxi Driver remake directed by Michael Bay.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Quote by Andrea55
The Resident Evil series.

I would eliminate Alice and stick to the game format.

Do people really like the story of the RE games that much?
Return of the Jedi. Someone's gotta fix that shit. The Luke/Vader story is amazing, then you have this re-made cluster **** of a death star space battle outside.

I'd naturally remove the other parts from the movie and write in an entirely new story line. I'd re-write the Jabba scene slightly and that'd be it for that section. The rest I would lay the seeds of the Emperor's battle meditation and base the Rebel conflict on that. I would also include Mon of the Mothma along with Winter travelling to planets to strengthen the resistance, and that's probably where Han etc fall into play. This way you get to see more of how the Empire has spread and the damage it's done, along with the affected people and their state of minds when faced with this over bearing force.

In tandem with that I'd have the Luke story continue except that the Rebel fleet would launch an ambush on the Emperor's super star destroyer above Coruscant, therein buying Luke time to board the ship and slay him. The buying time element will come along with the Emperor more or less completing galactic dominance. The rest will then play as it does in the film, minus the utterly twatty ewok party.

I may even have the ending finish on a 10 years later note. Where you see the New Republic beginning to rebuild and Luke considering starting up a Jedi Academy, therein leading to further films.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Quote by AxeToFall
Sunshine is a good call. First half was great, second half not so much. I'd get rid of Pinbacker entirely.

I'd also redo all the Resident Evil movies after Apocalypse.

Pinbacker made a potentially awesome atmospheric thriller into cheap pseudo-slasher horror. It'd remove him, focus more on inter-crew relationships, failing oxygen and the general sense of the supreme important of their mission and the implications if they fail.

Of course I'd keep the music because everything about the Capa's Jump scene is fucking brilliant.
🙈 🙉 🙊
Quote by The Madcap
The 80s version of Scarface with Al Pacino.

So much potential, but it tries WAY too hard in some areas, and doesn't try hard enough in others. It's also one of Pacino's worst performances, and it has a god-awful soundtrack.

I was just gonna say the exact same thing. It's one of my fav. films but still it could have been better. Soundtracks may not be the best but it is very GTA Vice Cityish* so i kinda liked it
Page 1 of 2