Hi everybody, i just want to share with you the solo i recorded over the backing track for a youtube contest! I'm not asking for votes or whatsoever also because there's not the possibility to do that! Please tell me what you think, i'm a classical guitarist and i tried to make something good with my Godin Summit! If it sounds crap then feel free to tell me please !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GjdzMNLAIB8
Last edited by caardo at Sep 10, 2013,
Okay, no shit, this is great. Your playing is a bit too loose in some spots, and some of the notes are too far off beat to be "artistic license", but other than that, this approach works really well. Those artificial harmonics are a really original way to end it, too. If you do classical guitar, you could try doing more with counter-melodies, or having two lines going in opposite directions; that would be really cool to hear.
What is this contest? I improvise over backing tracks a lot, can I join in too?

Aside from that, if you're a classical guitarist, why would you not use a classical guitar here?
This is neat, man! Really tasteful chording. I dig the clean tones you're getting out of that setup. From the looks of it you have a good knowledge of the fretboard. Your playing is interesting and unique, but without being overbearing or too "shreddy." I liked it a lot. Good luck in the contest!

C4C?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1616419

Gear:
Agile AL-2000 > Maxon OD808 > Boss DD-20 > Strymon blueSky > Splawn Pro Stock > Emperor 4x12

the lives to come

Your playing is a bwithoo loose in some spots, and some of the notes aI willkno to pute too far off beat to be "artistic license", but other than that, this approach works really well. Those artificial harmonics are a really original way to end it, too.

Thanks a lot for that! I really appreciate your honesty! In the next contest i will try to put some countermelodies in the solo !

I dig the clean tones you're getting out of that setup.

Thanks dude! I used the middle pickup position (both humbucker) with half the tone knob open, then with guitar rig i added a clean amp tone with a bit of delay!

What is this contest?

It's the 60 second solo contest by David Wallimann!

Thank you all!