Well, I want to buy a keyboard less than $200 at least, possibly a little more, I and plan to advance on it really well. It's not like I never touched one so I have only but little knowledge of chord but have a good understanding of theory and so on . I was just wondering if any of you fellas could recommend me something well. Not sure if this helps but I'm a one man band, so I create my own music with my instruments like my guitar that I have been playing for 6 years. I just don't want any crappy keyboard :P
Why do you want a keyboard?
If you just want it to add sounds to your recordings, it might be better to do it with software. Plugins are generally better and cheaper than keyboards because you're only paying for the sounds, not the hardware to control them.
If you already have some synth/sampling software and you just want to make entering notes easier, get a midi controller. A good one is easily less than $200.
If you want it for a live scenario, then you're probably out of luck. $200 isn't very much for a keyboard. Besides, most keyboardists don't use an all-in-one; they have a midi controller (or several) connected to a sound module.
Quote by Cavalcade
Why do you want a keyboard?
If you just want it to add sounds to your recordings, it might be better to do it with software. Plugins are generally better and cheaper than keyboards because you're only paying for the sounds, not the hardware to control them.
If you already have some synth/sampling software and you just want to make entering notes easier, get a midi controller. A good one is easily less than $200.
If you want it for a live scenario, then you're probably out of luck. $200 isn't very much for a keyboard. Besides, most keyboardists don't use an all-in-one; they have a midi controller (or several) connected to a sound module.

sorry if i wasn't specific enough. I want learn and develop techniques out of playing a keyboard piano just like I did through the years of my guitar playing , and just to play at home as well. From doing research, I'm assuming spending $250 is ok? like a yamaha keyboard?
Quote by DrewsGotTheLife
I want learn and develop techniques out of playing a keyboard piano just like I did through the years of my guitar playing , and just to play at home as well.

If you're willing to hook it up to a computer and open Reaper every time you want to use it, a good midi controller can do that for about $100, and it won't require any external power.
For example:
http://www.musiciansfriend.com/keyboards-midi/alesis-q49-usb-midi-keyboard-controller
49 keys (4 octaves), octave controls in case that's not enough, pitch and mod wheels, $80.
Last edited by Cavalcade at Sep 10, 2013,