Page 1 of 4
So yeah, it's 9/11. I've already started seeing some Europoor prats giving it to Americans - it's not nice to see and so I thought I'd make a thread for those of us who aren't stupid to just say hold tight, thoughts out to you and all that. I'm sure some idiots will come and spout off after this OP but still, have a mindful day
Damn I completely forgot about this and it's nearly the 12th. I guess no one really thinks about it here. Thanks for making this thread
cat
I can't believe it was 12 years ago. I didn't have a clue what was going on that day but I still remember it.
Quote by whoomit
I can't believe it was 12 years ago. I didn't have a clue what was going on that day but I still remember it.

seriously, I was in year 3.

****ing hell that was such a long time ago ;_;
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Possibly the worst thing to come out 9/11 was that terrible Nichloas Cage film.
Edit: Is that in bad taste ?
I was in 10th grade, I remember standing in the hall before class started hearing that a plane had hit the WTC and I still have this image of a small Cessna crashing into one of the towers. If only that had been the case. I remember for the next couple months a lot of us thought that the attacks would continue. Hard to believe it was 12 years ago. May the victims RIP
Everyone says they can't believe it was 12 years ago, doesnt feel like that long etc.. to me it feels longer
Quote by Obsceneairwaves
seriously, I was in year 3.

****ing hell that was such a long time ago ;_;

I was in fifth grade.

I remember my cousin running down the hall, shouting like some end-times harbinger, that there was going to be a war and they were gonna fight it here

That part's funny, but obviously what really happened isn't.

I never did figure out how he knew.
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
3rd grade in the library. I remember hearing the radio they had in there and the teacher and librarian talking about it but i didn't really get it, i just knew it was a big deal.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Slightly unrelated, but a couple of years ago my family won a competition to go on a holiday to the US, and we were in New York and my Dad wanted to see Ground Zero so we went to Subway and the woman working there "accidently" sent us on the wrong train and we ended up in Coney Island.
It's odd being in the first post-9/11 generation; being able to look at the New York skyline and not immediately noticing that it's been castrated. I've never thought about it before, but it's certainly interesting to think that we were the first generation to grow up from the shattered rubble of pre-9/11 Western society.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
It's odd being in the first post-9/11 generation; being able to look at the New York skyline and not immediately noticing that it's been castrated. I've never thought about it before, but it's certainly interesting to think that we were the first generation to grow up from the shattered rubble of pre-9/11 Western society.

we need to name our generation
I remember where I was. At my nan's watching it on the news. I didn't have a clue what was going on.
5th grade, Mr. Habor's class. Getting the health lesson from Mrs. Johnson when a teacher walked in the door and said they bombed the twin towers. We stopped the lesson and a TV was brought into the class. Maybe an hour or so later we are getting let out of school. I remember my dad being all the world is coming to an end, there's gonna be a war and all that. I didn't even know what they were until that day. I remember watching the TV all day until my mom finally shut it off.

You Europeans are swell dudes, for not being dicks about it.
I was about two hours away from the city in fourth grade. I remember my teacher crying and I later learned a relative of hers worked in the building. He was amongst those that died. I went home and watched the news with my brother. My uncle in Yonkers said he saw the smoke from his apartment building. Such a sad event. RIP.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
Quote by lemmyisgod97
The New York Jets ?

fuck you asshole. my uncle died that day.

I know it's a stupid moment in "American History" to you Irish twat, but for some people remembering that day means remembering their mother crying for days and days afterward because she lost her oldest brother.
Quote by fenderdude06

I know it's a stupid moment in "American History" to you Irish twat, but for some people remembering that day means remembering their mother crying for days and days afterward because she lost her oldest brother.

Quote by Eastwinn
we need to name our generation

It's generation Y
False flag.

Just sayin'...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
I really don't care about 9/11 anymore, but I appreciate that OP Will. It's really annoying to see people go "worse things happen, move on".
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
Quote by shelovemyguitar
False flag.

Just sayin'...

We'd all really rather you didn't. This isn't a thread for people to make jokes, belittle the event or spread nonsense. It's for us to show compassion and unity with our American brothers and remember that day for what it really was - not what Alex Jones tells you it was.
Quote by shelovemyguitar
False flag.

Just sayin'...

And you sir are a moron. I'm assuming you got your degree from YouTube
Quote by willT08
We'd all really rather you didn't. This isn't a thread for people to make jokes, belittle the event or spread nonsense. It's for us to show compassion and unity with our American brothers and remember that day for what it really was - not what Alex Jones tells you it was.

I have no idea who Alex Jones is. I'm absolutely not joking. I'm not american I'm canadian but one of my best friends lost his brother in this tragedy. The thing is most people deny the false flag thing before even considering it and to be honest it's pretty obvious but anyways if you don't want to talk about it let's stop here.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by fenderdude06

You don't own 911.
I don't care where you're from or why you're saying it. Everybody has considered it, the vast majority of people realize it's nonsense. We really should stop here.
I think I was in 2nd grade when it happened. I remember the principle or whoever it was coming in and telling us that school would be cut short today. Then, I went home and watched it on the news, even though I didn't really understood what was happening, and everyone around me panicking. Shit was crazy, and it's weird not seeing those two towers anymore.

R.I.P. all the people that died.
I was in 7th grade. I remember suddenly a bunch of parents showing up and picking up their kids from school. My school was in Miami, hundreds of thousands of miles away from the scene.
I was in third grade (in Philly) and out of nowhere, the school was evacuated and every one was sent home. I got in and looked at the tv and all I saw were the burning buildings. It didn't even look real, and I didn't really process what was happening until a little later. I remember a lot of people were worried that Philly could possible be attacked next or something like that.
Last edited by soundgarden1986 at Sep 11, 2013,
Quote by lemmyisgod97
You don't own 911.

what is your problem? all you have to do is stop making jokes in a thread that is obviously dedicated to something that you care nothing about. screw off.
My friend told me 'the world trade center crashed', and I thought he meant like, the stock market, or literally world trade collapsed or some kind of economic thing. I didn't even know that he meant the actual buildings until I went home from school that day and watched the news.
Quote by metaldud536
I was in 7th grade. I remember suddenly a bunch of parents showing up and picking up their kids from school. My school was in Miami, hundreds of thousands of miles away from the scene.

Wait... How far away were you?
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Jesus, 12 years.. I was in like, year 5 or 6 when it happened.

I was watching something on TV the other night about the fire service on 9/11.
The plan was to drink until the pain over.
But what's worse, the pain or the hangover?
Who am I? I'm a titan so be expectin' a clash.
I was living in Philippines, getting ready for school. I saw the buildings crashing on CNN and thought it was a preview for a movie. It didn't affect me much but I remember plenty of Filipinos scurrying to get their Visas bc it was rumored US will close its borders completely.

When I came to the US, I realized how scary it must have been to have your belief in safety just shattered like that. Also amazed at how people like the first responders will throw themselves in danger to save people that may or may not have survived.
Quote by Jackal58
Nothing is stranger than being anonymous.
Quote by lemmyisgod97
You don't own 911.

what does that even mean you can't really defend yourself after making a joke that shitty. just stop the stupidity here
I'm still amazed at how clearly I remember that day, considering I was seven at the time, and didn't really completely grasp what had happened until years later. One minute everything was normal in class and everything, and the next everyone was being rushed home. I thought it was just an early let-out for some reason until I was eleven or twelve.

Want to mention the other two planes that were involved in it, the one that crashed into the Pentagon, and the third one that, based on its flight path, was probably aimed at the Capitol Building. These two, especially the latter, get forgotten way too often.
THE FORUM UPDATE KILLED THE GRADIENT STAR

Baltimore Orioles: 2014 AL Eastern Division Champions, 2017: 73-78
Baltimore Ravens: 2012 World Champions, 2017: 2-0
2017 NFL Pick 'Em: 24-7
http://uk.answers.yahoo.com/question/index?qid=20110909015605AAAOvqH

This is what Europe is thinking.

EDIT: In all seriousness I watched a documentary which had no narration, it was just emergency calls and press footage from various different sources all collated together. It was pretty stark, but it really made you understand the sheer damage that the attack did.
Last edited by bartdevil_metal at Sep 11, 2013,
my dad died a year ago on 9/11
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Page 1 of 4