Hello

I am need a new amp for our rehearsal room and the Blackstar id260 aswell as the Hughes & Switchblade have come to my mind to choose, they are both 50 watt combos.

I need an amp which can play many different styles, because i really havent settled down on a genre, and for my bands i must play blues as well as metal.
I have an Ibanez RG 3570-Z LB, with HSH, the Humbuckers are really bassy,its not optimal for playing many styles (its best for 80s metal)
I was able to try the blackstar id260 at a local store, and was a bit overwhelmed about which sounds it could produce, while it only costs about 600 €.

But I actually want "An Amp For Life", and dont want to spend money again in 2 years, because i discover that for example the switchblade does the same job, only better.
H&K switchblade demos are hard to find or dont have a good sound, which doesnt make my decision easier

Do you have played a switchblade/blackstar id260 yet? (If yes, what do you think of it).
Could you suggest me another amp like these?(or any other amp you are in favor of)
Budget does not matter, because i want it to be an expense for a decade.

Any help is appreciated.
Last edited by Fabiibanez at Sep 11, 2013,
Jet City JCA5012 if you need a combo, or get the head and a Harley Benton 212 vintage cab.
Thomann has them really cheap
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Blackfire.
This could be an option for you also. EVH 5150 III 2x12 50W Combo.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4ao5nmvF28#t=201

Not for €600 it is not.

cool amp though
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
yeah if you want an amp for life, unless you live in a tall apartment block or something, go tube, most likely.

i haven't tried the blackstar. i didn't really like the switchblade i tried.

jet city is a good shout. should be well under budget on thomann.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?