http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6aL4KUkOuYE

I envy most others and their innate ability to connect to small conversations and truly engage --enjoy even --the daily lives of their fellow community dwellers. During such word exchanges, I become lost...

I find them boring and talk for the sake of talk. There exists no purpose as no learning or mind stimulation presents itself so I am guaranteed to result to staring blankly into the small discrepancy I find in the distant wall...

Withdrawing to the deep wells that are burrowed into my brain, exposing a universe so peculiar, so unknown, that no other mammal has ever seen the lights that glow in a strange neon hue...

And I fail to notice the conversation ended...
All is silent.

Right there and then, eyes gaze into my soul with swift, sharp justice. I am instantly condemned. I despise when people categorize me as anti-social. It scratches my heart when people title me indifferent. Over time, my inner being is beaten like a strung-up piece of dead meat with maggots crawling inside every tiny crevice.

But, what really hangs my soul is I reflect upon their nature. I realize they never think about me as I do about them. They cast me out as weird, strange, and a mystery that their busy lives have no time to solve. While all their individual selves connect so easily that they form the giant, grand jigsaw puzzle and I, I was created a defective piece that cannot fit in any location on the table, brewing a lack of insecurity and instability so pure, it infects my brain.

-- And they don't envy me—

They don't think of how great it would be to live as the silent idiot that walks upon my feet. That's what really entraps me in a trail of ruin that, not only is everybody else satisfied with their lives and socially adept, but none of them even wish to be me.

They move through a quick pipeline in unison as I swim across the current. The pipeline guides them from birth to death... But I hardly enjoy the ride. That ride, at least, is not built for me.

If only I had some C4 and I could blow the steel walls directing the current and I could expose all those I envy to the world I envision. And while I reflect in my deepest corner working through my envious thought,

Hope emerges.

For, I live above the laws that govern the mere world we live in. I defy the laws of physics because somehow I swim against a current so strong that it carries all of humanity with it. Gravity does not bind me to the earth as I float among the clouds and I lift to such heights that the wax drips from my wings...

-- And I fall --

As sensors beat me down and attempt to hold me within their world and the pipeline they worked tirelessly to construct...

As they pull me with millions of hands mechanically responding to protect their safety,

I feel my eyes focus on a red X drawn on the steel casings of the pipeline, ready for the C-4 in my hand.

I can hear the universe of my imagination dancing on the opposing side of that 'X'. So I drop my envies, because no other person can impact the world like I.

I will expose all to the wild dreams I imagine during their daily speakings. For I am more than superhuman, I will be hailed as a god in the modern day mythos. They should envy me 'cause I have potential energy of a nuclear bomb and I will blast forth and destroy the barriers we all abide by.

And although I know, they will build a new pipeline to guide themselves through the new world, which I unleashed; I know it has a more desirable end. For I may not be religious, but I strive for heaven on earth and although it may not be a magnificent stairway, I will be proud of my hideous ugly pipeline.
This is perhaps my favourite from you now, it's simple for what it is though. I think that's what makes this great actually. And you made sure this piece was effective in that way, everyone can relate to it, this piece should be read as "important life philosophy, for what you're feeling abandoned and lonely"
Last edited by Eccer at Sep 16, 2013,
Good stuff.
マリ「しあわっせはーあるいってこないだーからあるいってゆっくんだねーん 
いっちにっちいっぽみーかでさんぽ
 さーんぽすすんでにっほさっがるー 
じーんせいはっわんつー!ぱんち・・・

"Success is as dangerous as failure. Hope is as hollow as fear." - from Tao Te Ching

Congratz on this!

The writing was very good, but I think that your delivery in the video tends to become monotonous after a while. Since I'm not a very good proclaimer, so to speak, I don't know how to advise you. I just think you sound too tense, and it's containing the emotions and the way you read.

Oh well, I wish I could help you more in this subject.

Good piece.
Quote by seventh_angel
Congratz on this!

The writing was very good, but I think that your delivery in the video tends to become monotonous after a while. Since I'm not a very good proclaimer, so to speak, I don't know how to advise you. I just think you sound too tense, and it's containing the emotions and the way you read.

Oh well, I wish I could help you more in this subject.

Good piece.

Yes I am working on that. The entire reason I started the vlog was to improve my public speaking.
Congrats; if you don't already, you should totally read some Eliot.

quick start
http://www.bartleby.com/198/1.html

Loneliness is a funny plague. We poets are pretty good at talking to ourselves.
Quote by Arthur Curry
it's official, vintage x metal is the saving grace of this board and/or the antichrist

e-married to
theguitarist
minterman22
tateandlyle
& alaskan_ninja