Terry Jones arrested for attempting to burn 2,998 copies of the Koran.

Page 1 of 9
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,226 IQ
lol
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
187 IQ
Why not 2 more? You lose the symbolism after 1.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Last edited by HypernovaGlow at Sep 11, 2013,
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
If I could shit in his mouth I would.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
I mean, he's obviously causing the future death of Americans by doing that.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
mikeYekim
Curses & Cranberries!!
414 IQ
Quote by captainsnazz
I hope he sets his stupid moustache on fire

Hey, leave his mustache out of this, hate the man but the facial hair was innocent!
AeroRocker
I'm too old for this ****
1,019 IQ
3000 Korans probably cost $15000. Could have fed a few homeless people with that cash.

Quote by Jackal58
I don't know why he was arrested.

Probably because he was heading out to start a large fire in a park. Or maybe at this level it can be interpreted as conspiracy to incite a riot or something.
██████████████████████████
████████████████████████
█████████████████████
██████████████████████
█████████████████████

LET'S GO BUCKS
Last edited by AeroRocker at Sep 11, 2013,
Gibson_SG_uzr55
DJ SNAAAAKKEEE
4,022 IQ
Quote by Jackal58
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/pastor-arrested-before-he-could-burn-nearly-3000-qurans

Personally I think the guy is an idiot but I don't know why he was arrested.

This.
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
187 IQ
Quote by AeroRocker
3000 Korans probably cost $15000. Could have fed a few homeless people with that cash.

That's why you steal them. In the name of your god, of course.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Xiaoxi
Registered Luser
2,744 IQ
Quote by AeroRocker

He also just invested $15,000 in Terrorists, LLC.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
iRoseAgainst
Yeah. I like -core music.
98 IQ
2 Qurans short of me caring...
Wayne's World! Party Time! Excellent!
Party on Wayne. Party on Garth

Schecter Platinum C-1 Floyd Rose

Quote by Lord_Doku
Friendship and masturbation go a long way towards happiness. Until you have sex, then it's friendship and sex. And an empty wallet.
Nelshizzle
Banned
2,790 IQ
So a guy walks into a park and says "i'm burning 3000 qurans, and you can't stop me"

Another guy walks into the same park and says "i'm burning 3000 bibles, and you can't stop me"

Then a third guy walks into the same park wearing Nazi attire says "The era of extreme Jewish intellectualism is now at an end. The breakthrough of the German revolution has again cleared the way on the German path...The future German man will not just be a man of books, but a man of character. It is to this end that we want to educate you. As a young person, to already have the courage to face the pitiless glare, to overcome the fear of death, and to regain respect for death - this is the task of this young generation. And thus you do well in this midnight hour to commit to the flames the evil spirit of the past. This is a strong, great and symbolic deed - a deed which should document the following for the world to know - Here the intellectual foundation of the November Republic is sinking to the ground, but from this wreckage the phoenix of a new spirit will triumphantly rise."

They all get arrested.
lolmnt
Earth of the Butt
4,159 IQ
Quote by AeroRocker

What interest would a pastor of a church have in feeding homeless people?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
187 IQ
He could have thrown the books at homosexuals. What was he thinking!?

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Dreadnought
Oceanic Mountainman
5,226 IQ
Quote by HypernovaGlow
He could have thrown the books at homosexuals. What was he thinking!?

Or women, +1
But we little know until tried how much of the uncontrollable there is in us, urging across glaciers and torrents, and up dangerous heights, let the judgment forbid as it may.
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
187 IQ
Quote by Dreadnought
Or women, +1

Or homosexual women.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Paroxysm
Tab Contributor
1,184 IQ
If we attempt to burn each religious text from Judaism, Islam, and Christianity for all the people their nutheads killed in the past, we would be out of trees
WaltTheWerewolf
Caffeinated
1,313 IQ
this bastard's church is in my town...although they relocated the church, it often featured displays on the grass which were a mixed bag of racism, and anti gay signs. First time I saw the displays it was Obama with very large ears being lynched while he was wrapped in the rainbow flag.
MakinLattes
fully retractable
1,097 IQ
Quote by Paroxysm
If we attempt to burn each religious text from Judaism, Islam, and Christianity for all the people their nutheads killed in the past, we would be out of trees

What?
wiggedy
841 IQ
Quote by rockingamer2
I mean, he's obviously causing the future death of Americans by doing that.

WTF????

A book v's a human life.... get real!
HypernovaGlow
Whoa!
187 IQ
Quote by wiggedy
WTF????

A book v's a human life.... get real!

Ummm... scripture is the cause of millions of deaths. You'd be surprised by the number of religious extremists that value the words in their holy scriptures more than they value human life.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Last edited by HypernovaGlow at Sep 11, 2013,
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
264 IQ
Quote by Jackal58
http://news.msn.com/crime-justice/pastor-arrested-before-he-could-burn-nearly-3000-qurans

Personally I think the guy is an idiot but I don't know why he was arrested.

Because everytime he tries one of his stupid little anti-Islamic stunts, it sparks off violence in the Middle East against Americans. As your link says, he "repeatedly has ignored pleas from the U.S. military asking him not to stage his protests. Military officials say his actions put American and Western troops in Afghanistan and elsewhere in danger."

So, the fact is, he knows damn well that his actions will cause incitement to violence, mainly against his fellow Americans, so that also makes his actions a security risk against American armed forces stationed in the Middle East. Under the 'fighting words' doctrine, (established in 1942 by a 9-0 decision during the Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire case) he can be (and was) arrested before he carried out his obvious intentions to put his fellow Americans at risk.
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
264 IQ
Quote by korinaflyingv
Thought you meant the guy from Monty Python. This makes more sense.

Y'mean the guy who directed a film called 'Life of Brian' that was banned in many British cinemas because it was considered to be 'blaphemous' rather than this guy who was involved in the promotion of a movie vilifying Islam, called 'Innocence of Muslims' that sparked off riots in resulting in the storming of the American embassy in Egypt?
Last edited by SlackerBabbath at Sep 12, 2013,
CodeMonk
UG's Old Fart
1,580 IQ
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Because everytime he tries one of his stupid little anti-Islamic stunts, it sparks off violence in the Middle East against Americans. As your link says, he "repeatedly has ignored pleas from the U.S. military asking him not to stage his protests. Military officials say his actions put American and Western troops in Afghanistan and elsewhere in danger."

So, the fact is, he knows damn well that his actions will cause incitement to violence, mainly against his fellow Americans, so that also makes his actions a security risk against American armed forces stationed in the Middle East. Under the 'fighting words' doctrine, (established in 1942 by a 9-0 decision during the Chaplinsky v. New Hampshire case) he can be (and was) arrested before he carried out his obvious intentions to put his fellow Americans at risk.

Burning all those books would probably also be considered a bonfire.
You would probably need some kind of permit to do that in a public park.
The Minority Report is real.
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
264 IQ
Quote by CodeMonk
Burning all those books would probably also be considered a bonfire.
You would probably need some kind of permit to do that in a public park.
The Minority Report is real.

Last year he was fined $271 by Gainesville Fire Rescue for burning books without authorization.
whoomit
1,492 IQ
Quote by MakinLattes
What?

I'm glad I'm not the only person perplexed by that.
rockingamer2
Larmarky Remark
408 IQ
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Last year he was fined $271 by Gainesville Fire Rescue for burning books without authorization.

Maybe he should pour pigs blood onto the Koran. I'd say to pour it from a left shoe, but I think that's Arab thing, dunno if it's in the Koran or not.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
SlackerBabbath
Est. 1966.
264 IQ
Quote by rockingamer2
Maybe he should pour pigs blood onto the Koran. I'd say to pour it from a left shoe, but I think that's Arab thing, dunno if it's in the Koran or not.

Maybe he should just go out to the Middle East and insult Muslims to their face rather than being a coward and risking the lives of other Americans in the Middle East instead.
Obsceneairwaves
UG Member
1,001 IQ
Quote by SlackerBabbath
Maybe he should just go out to the Middle East and insult Muslims to their face rather than being a coward and risking the lives of other Americans in the Middle East instead.

because that doesn't get you any publicity

and that's obviously the most important thing to have these days
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
Todd Hart
Do Sadists go to Hell?
153 IQ
Anyone burning any books should be locked up. Did we learn nothing from the bonfire of the vanities?
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
BottleOfSmoke
Ritual Killer
337 IQ
Quote by whoomit
I'm glad I'm not the only person perplexed by that.

What's not to understand? He's saying we'd have to use all the trees to make paper for all the bibles/korans/etc we'd need to print to be able to burn one for each casualty of religion.

Of course this is silly, because we'd probably just download them onto Kindles and burn those instead.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
captaincrunk
See, I Got News for You.
921 IQ
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
this bastard's church is in my town...although they relocated the church, it often featured displays on the grass which were a mixed bag of racism, and anti gay signs. First time I saw the displays it was Obama with very large ears being lynched while he was wrapped in the rainbow flag.

jesus christ