Averagedean
32 IQ
Hey guys, so I'm looking for a pop punk tone similar to the story so far or balance and composure. I'm really looking for a more melodic "full" sound if that's makes sense.

I have a Vox AC30C2, an Ibanez tube screamer and a dean ML

I recently acquired the tube screamer and I love it but I'm looking for something to change my tone more drastically. Price range is probably under $250.

Any help would be awesome.
sg4ever
clashof the coconuts
3,913 IQ
For pop punk on a Vox, I would look at a ProCo Rat 85 reissue. A Fulltone OCD or Plimsoul would also be worth a look.
Fender Telecaster
DeArmond M series
Vox Night Train 15 head w/Weber loaded 1x12
Ernie Ball Volume Jr
Joyo Sweet Baby OD
Fulltone Fulldrive 2 MOSFET
TC Electronic Nova Delay
Line 6 M5
RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.
1,790 IQ
The ProCo The Rat is always a safe bet. One of the staple pedals I use with my AC30. But then again I also like using my TS9 for Balance and Composure kind of stuff. The pedal that is supposed to be THE PEDAL for the AC30 is the Crowther Hot Cake
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
Averagedean
32 IQ
I was looking for the "The Rat" but I had a hard time finding any. "The Rat" is different to just a procro rat right?
Thanks for the advice!
RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.
1,790 IQ
Quote by Averagedean
I was looking for the "The Rat" but I had a hard time finding any. "The Rat" is different to just a procro rat right?
Thanks for the advice!

its a reissue of the original rat
Quote by barden1069
A "tubescreamer" is a person paid by a guitarist to stand behind the amp and scream at the tubes. This terrifies the tubes into overdriving and delivers a thick, harmonic-rich tone.
RealGuitarHero
Just Call Me Zacch.
1,790 IQ
Seriously though, if you can get a Hotcake, get that.
Quote by barden1069
Robbgnarly
Tab Contributor
1,177 IQ
mxr 10 band EQ
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
ironicallyindie
chill dude
353 IQ
duuuude

i actually don't know what to recommend you, but i just wanted to say that balance&composure's split with tigers jaw was amazing, haven't listened to their other stuff a lot tho.

maybe get a guitar with single coils? more pronounced trebley frequences and all that?
Quote by ErikLensherr
It's odd how much I disliked broccoli as a child yet now it's my favorite vegetable.

i used to make music. now i'm lazy. here's my soundcloud:
https://soundcloud.com/oleh-ustimenko