The screws that adjust the height on my floyd rose bridge have become rounded out. I would like to replace the screws but got some questions b4 I try.

1. Are these screws difficult to change?

2. Looks to me like you can just unscrew them and screw new ones back in. Is it that simple?

3. Will any Floyd Rose licensed bridge mounting screws work?

I have a Jackson dinky DK2.
It's likely that if the tremolo post screws are rounded, the knife edges on the tremolo itself are blunt. Check that first. You'd need a whole new unit if that's the case.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by scrumss3
The screws that adjust the height on my floyd rose bridge have become rounded out. I would like to replace the screws but got some questions b4 I try.

1. Are these screws difficult to change?

2. Looks to me like you can just unscrew them and screw new ones back in. Is it that simple?

3. Will any Floyd Rose licensed bridge mounting screws work?

I have a Jackson dinky DK2.

They should be that easy to change. They should unscrew right out. I'm at work right now, so I don't have my guitars in front of me, but I have a Jackson also, as well as a couple other Floyd versions. They are all very simple to deal with. I forget if they are screwed straight into the body wood, or screwed into mounted inserts in the body.
I'd imagine the Floyd screws would be universal, so they could be used on multiple versions. I'd just remove the tensioning springs in back, pull away the bridge, & give it a try. Just leave your strings in place, unless you're changing them.

Edit: when you remove the springs in the back, don't mess with the Phillips screws that hold the ring ends of the springs, because that will change the tension of the bridge & alter the playability. You only adjust those screws to balance the position & feel of the bridge, esp if you change string gauges or tunings. Just pop the springs out.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Last edited by riffhog at Sep 12, 2013,