Hello everyone!

I just bought a Hirade TH90 (sweet guitar) from Elderly Instruments in Michigan. My new Fishman SA220 amp arrived yesterday and when I went to plug my guitar into it I heard a country music station coming through the amp! I did a little trouble shooting and here is what I came up with:

1)Amp problem? unplugged and volume up there is no radio interference that I can hear thru the amp....
2)Cord problem? I plugged my Roland keyboard into the amp and no radio interference whatsoever...
3)Guitar problem? At max volume on my CTP-2 electronics (Palathetic pickup system), there is no radio interference, but about 1/2 to 3/4 volume I am listening to Conway Twitty!!

So I"m guessing it has something to do with the pickup on my guitar. When I bought the instrument, they put a new set of high tension strings on it and at first the guitar had no sound! They had to reseat the saddle/pickup and it worked fine after that.

Any ideas? I realize radio towers and residential wiring are a factor here but I really believe it's the pickup on my guitar.
Can you talk through it too? Sounds microphonic. Never experienced it myself though so don't quote me on it.
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Can't help you although that happened to me once and it freaked me out the first time (I was 10 or so).
I am pretty sure the problem is with your cord. Your pickups are the reason your guitar gets interference and your keyboard does not. Instrument cables are a larger diameter than speaker cables and head phone cables because they are more insulated. I have had this happen because of a cheap patch cord between pedals.
I will try switching out the cords. I did think that the keyboard might not be a good troubleshooting option because of the difference in electronics....why do you think tho that at max volume (on the guitar's electronics) do I get NO radio interference?
I would bet that when you have the volume all the way up, the signal from your guitar is more dominant. Or, maybe, you are drowning out the interference. Radio interference happens when something is not properly insulated. If it is not a cable issue, it might be your guitar that needs to be insulated. This can be done with copper tape.
Last edited by rickyvanh at Sep 13, 2013,