Can anyone recommend a good wire gauge that's used in power supplies for pedals. I'm looking to make my own cable lengths as I can solder and wondered what gauge of wire I would need. Google hasn't really helped me so far.

The sort of wire used here is what I'm on about specifically.

Cheers!
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
That's just shielded / audio cable.

Anything between 18 to 22AWG will be fine. Pedals don't draw lots of current.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Sep 12, 2013,
I know it was basic cable, it's just that I know there are a lot of different thicknesses out there and wouldn't have a clue where to start. As it stands, I think I have some wire that falls into 18-22. England doesn't use the AWG.

Thanks a lot!
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Heres a good link that would help you find out the minimum wire gauge for projects.

http://www.powerstream.com/Wire_Size.htm

battery powered guitar pedals generally are low current devices. you can get away with a higher gauge wire. of course you cant go wrong with a lower gauge

a wire gauge between 18 and 22 is great, but make sure its stranded and doesnt have some flimsy insulation. stranded wire is necessary in this situation since you are going to be folding and moving that cable ALOT.
Marty Friedman is GOD!

curently in a SEX MACHINEGUNS and X JAPAN phase AND Galneryus AND Anthem phase

damn J-Metal, why you so awesome

My Gear:

Schecter Hellraiser V-1 fr
Ibanez RG321mh
Fender GDC-200sce
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ sanpera 1
Last edited by bustapr at Sep 18, 2013,