Page 1 of 2
if someone asks you to play something, what would you play?
Answers such as "Wonderwall" are not welcome and/or considered as rude.
Sublime generally, Such a fun band to busk
It's over simplified, So what!

Quote by eGraham
I'm going to be on top of what is called a knob
Quote by theguitarist
Big ones can be fun in some ways but generally, they are a pain in the ass.
Quote by Wolfinator-x
I don't know what is going on in this thread or why I have an erection.
I would ask them what they would like me to play.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
I haven't played guitar consistently for the past year and a half, sadly, but I can almost always whip out "Blackbird" by The Beatles.

It's nothing terribly flashy, but it proves I can still play guitar, no matter how rusty I am.
Voted 3rd Friendliest User of UG 2010

BUILD A TIME MACHINE, AND JERK OFF IN IT, AND SEND IT TO HITLER!

Saxo-Walrus

Steam & PSN ID: Panopticon20
45 by Shinedown or Everlong by Foo Fighters if I had an acoustic.
I'm a total sucker for those songs, despite being a metalhead
If I have to sing I play easy stuff, maybe Glycerin by Bush, or Stop the Dams by Gorillaz, or Sex and Candy by Marcy Playground if I feel like being goofy; also, Under the Bridge by RHCP usually draws a crowd. No one I know listens to John Frusciante so I just avoid playing his music eventhough I like to. If I don't have to sing I'll play Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix the best I can(which isn't very well).
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
I don't believe the Big Bang
Bach's Gavotte I & II.

Quote by HypernovaGlow
If I have to sing I play easy stuff, maybe Glycerin by Bush

Who the fuck are Bush?
I'd tune the 6th and 5th strings down so low that they are like strands of spaghetti then just chug on them with the occasional pinch harmonic thrown in then just start screaming the name of some genericore band like Parkway Drive.

Quote by soundgarden1986
a tritone an say "uh i dont know"

In all honesty this though.
Quote by whoomit
Bach's Gavotte I & II.

Who the fuck are Bush?

Listen to the song. It's a good tune to play for someone if you don't feel like doing too much work.
"Dude, am I really thinking or am I, just like, thinking that I'm thinking?" -Bill Nye

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by HypernovaGlow
Listen to the song. It's a good tune to play for someone if you don't feel like doing too much work.

I was actually kind of making a joke that I don't think anybody will get. It's not a funny joke anyway.

I don't really like the song though, I listened to it the other day. I have a crap taste in music though.

Edit: Actually, everybody else has a crap taste in music. Mine is flawless.
Last edited by whoomit at Sep 12, 2013,
hide and seek, I fucking love that game.
You who build these altars now

To sacrifice these children
You must not do it anymore
Everlong by Foo Fighters is a good one. I forgot that I play Better Man by Pearljam a lot and also Body and Soul by Thelonious Monster.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by captainsnazz
Skrillex

Same

People be like
You hit 'em and they get back up
I hit 'em and they stay down
- Frank Castle
Where is my Mind by Pixies is a good one to scream at people who want to hear a song.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
If I don't like the people I play "Get your freak on" by Missy Elliot. 2nd and 3rd frets of the first string, and 3 on the 2nd. Repeat until they leave, then play Wonderwall
Quote by riseagainst&pr
Answers such as "Wonderwall" are not welcome and/or considered as rude.
Wonderwall, Stairway to Heaven, Sweet Child O' Mine, Freebird. Yeah that's right m8 what you gonna do bout it? Yeah that's right you just gonna sit there and cry bout it cuz u a lil b****.
whatever mainstream song i've most recently learned or been taken in by. right now it's the A team by ed sheeran
Click here to hear my BOB DYLAN (Blowing in the Wind) out right now May 2k17
Quote by laid-to-waste
the A team by ed sheeran

Go home LTW you're drunk
- Frank Castle
Robin thicke blurred lines
- Frank Castle
Quote by Icarus Lives
This thread comes at a good time for me. I need some mainstream to learn for a gig tomorrow. Any tune I could through a reggae spin onto would be good.

Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix is one I said earlier. It's kind of tough to play but it's slow and groovy enough to throw that vibe on it. Santeria by Sublime will surely do well for a crowd.

CHIMPS>WOLVES

Quote by progdude93
Quote by Icarus Lives
This thread comes at a good time for me. I need some mainstream to learn for a gig tomorrow. Any tune I could through a reggae spin onto would be good.

So Lonely by The Police is a ****ing great groovy reggae-ish tune!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fz0DFefft2E

Also pretty much any Sublime tune as mentioned.

Quote by cha33 armstrong
Robin thicke blurred lines

That song is too catchy for its own good.

Oh and also, to answer OP...

My acoustic is tuned to CGCGGC for two of Ben Howards songs so I'll play Old Pine and Further Away. Still working on mastering it like Ben though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ITHG--QRBg
Last edited by Nero Galon at Sep 12, 2013,
Nothing Else Matters because it's the only one I remember (i haven't played in over 2 years and I don't even know where my guitars are now)
cat
Page 1 of 2