What Uni do you go to? What are you studying? What are your plans, ambitions, and expectations for the next academic year?

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
I'm a drop out, and seeing as how my job that I dropped out for is becoming less and less likely a way to support myself long term, I'll have to go back. Probably to eventually get into law school somewhere because law is easy for me
Me. I'm pretty excited. Uni of Glasgow, eng lit (lolart).
Quote by ErikLensherr
Did you hear about the cockney Godfather?

He made them an offer they couldn't understand.
UNBC
Mj. History Mn. Poli Sci

Graduating this year, and hopefully getting into the education program.
TO ALL MY KILLERS AND MY HUNDRED DOLLAR BILLERS...
...TO EMO KIDS THAT GOT TOO MANY FEELINGS
BIMM Bristol
'Professional musicianship'
To get more into studio work/production, hopefully I'll meet some more people to be in a band with too.
Sorta thinking about getting into working in the live industry too, missed a great oppertunity to work at a festival this year due to food poisoning...gonna make sure my food establishment choices are better around that time next year.

Also thinking of doing a masters in some subject, or getting my PGCE so I can teach
LU
Molecular Biology
This year I'm doing an honours project which is quite a bit of work/responsibility, but it's also really cool.
Uni of Strathclyde, 3rd year Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
This will be the first year where I won't have maths to keep my average above 70% so it's going to be quite tough. The subjects look quite interesting though, so it should be a fun year.

My plan is to finish all 5 years of the course (this includes the Master's degree) and then go find a job in the industry. So far I'm leaning towards electrical, but I don't have to make any commitments until next year, so it could all change.

Forza Juve

'e voglia 'e mettere rum, chi nasce strunz' nun po' addiventà babbà
Starting my first year of mechanical engineering at anglia ruskin in Chelmsford, I'm moving in on the 21st
Eat your pheasant
Drink your wine
Your days are numbered, bourgeois swine!
Hertfordshire, studying music composition and technology. Going into my final year.

My plan is:

- spend more time using the resources available to better myself academically
- spend more time studying topics of interest to me that aren't directly covered by my course
- push myself hard with my final project/dissertation
- do well on paper so as to increase my chances for postgrad funding
- bone up on max and integrate it into my work

Going back on tuesday and looking forward to it a lot

Quote by steve_muse
(lolart)

also this
Last edited by BenRaah at Sep 12, 2013,
I want to go into engineering next year for the 2014/2015 school year at U of A

Need to upgrade/take some courses first. Not making nearly enough money as a guitar teacher, not about to spend more money on a music degree either as I already have a diploma.
Quote by The Spoon
Unless you're sure she likes you, telling her you like her has a 110% chance of failing.

But hey, at least you have a 10% chance of absolutely guaranteeing failure.
Last edited by British_Steal at Sep 12, 2013,
I'm doing my Masters year in Chemistry at UEA in Norwich, so big research project stuff will be happening.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
not me.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Do ya'll have your timetables? Since I'm going into honours mines is really sparse. Like, I have at the most 2 things a day, with Tuesday off. Sweet.
Quote by ErikLensherr

LJMU
Product Design 2nd year.

I'm going to try to give myself some more feedback from my lecturers and to try not to be too afraid of their criticism.
Quote by steve_muse
Do ya'll have your timetables? Since I'm going into honours mines is really sparse. Like, I have at the most 2 things a day, with Tuesday off. Sweet.

I do. I'm going to be working till late 3 days a week, but I'm free on Wednesday and Friday. I'm going to use that time to enrol onto a counseling short course.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 12, 2013,
I'm coming to the end of my year and a month long Masters, which ends a week into next month. Masters in Business Publishing. EDIT: At Oxford Uni

I'm likely going to do another masters in CG animation or art direction, i'll see which one takes my preference. Though maybe in a years time, or a year after that. I'll find a job for now, but after that we'll see if the second masters rings true.

I has advice for anyone going to uni: for me, I ended up doing 3 years in an undergrad with terrible people doing something I wasn't that fond of because I felt i /had/ to do it to give myself a chance of supporting myself. Well whilst there's no denying that I've achieved that, it's highly likely doing something I don't really care about. Which is something I struggle to do - many don't and that's fine, but it's not for me.

Hence why i'm considering a second masters that's more creative. Which is what I always wanted to do as a kid rather than getting the Masters and undergrad degree i now have.

So, basically, whatever you enjoyed as a kid is pretty much what you should aim to be doing. Even if you've gone down a totally different path since then.
You Dont Know Me

I have 10 Anarchy Points - I also have 8 Mythology points!

Peavey Generation EXP Custom White
Yamaha 120S Black
Korg AX5G
Digitech Whammy
Zvex Fuzz Factory
Boss OS2

Quote by mrfinkle213
This man has brains.

Quote by CoreysMonster
Banned for indirect reference.
Last edited by Anthony1991 at Sep 12, 2013,
4th year of a History degree, dissertation woooooo. Gimme dat First. Even if I get 9/20 for every course this year (minimum pass mark) bar one with 15/20 or more, I'll still get a 2:1, which is a decent safety net I guess. Suppose I better start working.

I won't get my timetable until the weekend before I go back, because Aberdeen Uni is fucking shite like that
My main degree in first year was music but when I realised it isn't all sitting about improvising rawk I got worried and quit. But really, it was focussed on analysing compositions and lectures on, for the most part, pretty boring music. There was a couple of cool lectures but it really wasn't for me. I think that's what first year's all about though, getting to grips with what you really like.
Quote by ErikLensherr

I'm a freshman FOR THE SECOND TIME, lol

At the end of the month.
2 years ago i dropped out cause of weed addiction and not being able to study and shit...

I feel confident right now, hope things work out well this time!

I'll study Lynguistics - English and Spanish (Bulgarian University)
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    Halfway through second semester, fucking natural sciences all up in this bitch. Currently writing a short piece on plutonic intrusions.

Quote by hazzmatazz
    youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96
    Today I stole a girls tampons for being such an annoying bitch.

MUFC

My love for you
    Is like a truck
    Berserker.
    Weed addiction.

What uni, James? Are you still in ozzi? dunno where you are
    Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
    Weed addiction.

What uni, James? Are you still in ozzi? dunno where you are

Good man! 420blazeitphaget. I wish I could afford weed these days...

Yea still in SA, about to head into third year. Looking into studying abroad actually, because Adelaide sufers from a serious bout of shitcuntitis a great deal of the time.

Edit: Thought you had a "weed addiction", I see the context now...

Quote by hazzmatazz
    youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
    Is like a truck
    Berserker.
    Ah well. Oh cool, where abroad? Is Scotland abroad for you now?

I remember the phrase 'natural sciences' from Frankenstein so that's kewl. Hartley's creature has a ring to it.
    Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
    Ah well. Oh cool, where abroad? Is Scotland abroad for you now?

I remember the phrase 'natural sciences' from Frankenstein so that's kewl. Hartley's creature has a ring to it.

Scotland would be beast!

Would love to study in Europe, I've got a mate in Milan in now who's loving it, and here I am

Quote by hazzmatazz
    youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
    Is like a truck
    Berserker.
    Yeah, a couple of my mates are doing the student exchange thing, one's going to Sweden and the other Belgium. I suppose you'd be more focused with less distractions or would being a new environment be too much to juggle with studies? I dunno, sounds fun anyway.

As for me, I can't be arsed with the hassle. I love my uni anyway
    Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
    Yeah, a couple of my mates are doing the student exchange thing, one's going to Sweden and the other Belgium. I suppose you'd be more focused with less distractions or would being a new environment be too much to juggle with studies? I dunno, sounds fun anyway.

As for me, I can't be arsed with the hassle. I love my uni anyway

>Implying I'm not constantly distracted here

Belgium would be amazing, I fucking love that country. I was also looking at Sweden, anywhere that gets me away from the insufferable heat of Australia sounds good to me.

Quote by hazzmatazz
    youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
    Is like a truck
    Berserker.
    I never got your crazy school year system.
    I'm about 3/4 of the way through my uni year atm.

pretentious small text, right justified signature
    UG's professional coffee nerd
    also UG's musical theatre nerd
    roscoe's wetsuit
    All those spiders pestering you constantly.

Come to glasgow muthafuka. Nah, Belgium or Sweden would blow scotland to pieces. Or Holland, that'd be cool, although you might end up like that former addict.
    Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by solo_freak
    Uni of Strathclyde, 3rd year Electrical & Electronic Engineering.
    This will be the first year where I won't have maths to keep my average above 70% so it's going to be quite tough. The subjects look quite interesting though, so it should be a fun year.

My plan is to finish all 5 years of the course (this includes the Master's degree) and then go find a job in the industry. So far I'm leaning towards electrical, but I don't have to make any commitments until next year, so it could all change.

RIP

Simon Fraser University, electronics engineering, gonna score an international job for lulz and take it from there since I won't be graduating forever
    Quote by steve_muse
    All those spiders pestering you constantly.

Come to glasgow muthafuka. Nah, Belgium or Sweden would blow scotland to pieces. Or Holland, that'd be cool, although you might end up like that former addict.

I haven't been to Scotland in years and I feel like my thick knife-proof skin might've thinned :'(

Holland sounds good too! I'll definitely throw everyone a cheeky visit if I go to Europe

Quote by hazzmatazz
    youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
    Is like a truck
    Berserker.
    But what if you get stranded in some unknown place when you drink again!?

I'd love to travel man. I think I might do a bit with my incoming loan. Only cool cities I've visited are amsterdam and paris. Prague or something might be a shout.
    Quote by ErikLensherr

Quote by steve_muse
    But what if you get stranded in some unknown place when you drink again!?

I'd love to travel man. I think I might do a bit with my incoming loan. Only cool cities I've visited are amsterdam and paris. Prague or something might be a shout.

I'll be in Europe, which is like 5 miles long or some shit. But yea definitely do some travel shit, Prague would be killer! My uncle had a stag night there and it looked like it got pretty damn messy

Quote by hazzmatazz
    youmakemesmile...

Quote by sebastian_96

MUFC

My love for you
    Is like a truck
    Berserker.
    NUS 3rd yr biology with biomedical specialization. I started last month lol

I'm doing a 4th yr but not with honours

Quote by steve_muse

Except for Monday and Wednesday, I only have 1 class a day. But I have every other Wednesday off.

For me, higher level classes = more labs = less free time, but I'm taking 4 classes this sem instead of 5.

But I'm working a couple days a week, learning to drive, preparing for a dance performance, and enrolled in a diploma for something else so I don't have much free time
    cat