Can anyone answer this survey to help me on research in to Floyd Roses and general attitudes towards them in the guitar community ?
surveymonkey.com/s/6BSSMDD
Any help grately apprieciated, thank you
Last edited by geoallison at Sep 12, 2013,
they are nice if you need them, and can be a major hindrance if you do not. They can also give you major tuning problems if you don't have them setup correctly
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
I have several guitars with different Floyd versions, & I've not had any real trouble with them, but like Robb said, you have to know how to set them up right to stay in tune & feel balanced. On one guitar, I blocked the bridge so it can only go down. You can't pull it up to make notes go sharp. For me, that works best to keep it in tune, because I play fairly aggressively & rest the heel of my right hand on the bridge a lot.
I enjoy the extra expressive freedom you get by having a usable tremolo.
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Personally i am not a fan. For me they are just far to fussy. I constanly change tunings and I just don't like to deal with them. BUt as it has been said. Once they are set up right they are great as long as you don't mess with it.
- Anthony
PRS: PS P22, ME II 25th, SC HB I, Custom 22, McCarty 20th, SE Custom 24 7, Angulus SE
Fender Am Tele, Am Strat, 70 RI Strat, Esquire Scorpion
LTD: SC-607B

Amp
Avid 11R
Quote by ANTHONYLBEST
Personally i am not a fan. For me they are just far to fussy. I constanly change tunings and I just don't like to deal with them. BUt as it has been said. Once they are set up right they are great as long as you don't mess with it.

Floyds and alternate tunings are a perfect excuse to have another guitar!!
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
I couldn't stand the regular string changes I gp through and the Floyd. Now I am strictly string through. It is soooo much easier. Plus I let my fingers do the work
What the incentive for answering?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
I run three guitars for gigging. One of them has a Floyd (Schaller). I use it on songs where I need a trem, the rest of the time I use a fixed bridge. As trems go, it's very nice. Very stable, nice to use - but they aint no fixed bridge.

The survey rabbits on about having to retension the trem when you change strings. Is that talking about adjusting the trem balance with the spring adjusters? If so, wtf? If you change gauge you may have to adjust it but otherwise wtf?
Am I understanding that wrong?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Last edited by Cathbard at Sep 13, 2013,
what's the purpose of this survey - what do you intend to do with the information?
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com