Ok, so my Peavy Vypyr Tube 60 has recently faced some problems. Today when I turned it on, it wouldn't make any sound. When I plugged headphones in it worked, but it was lacking the crunch that I usually get from that setting. Any reasons why this is happening? All of the lights are working just fine and the tubes are warm and glowing and appear to be on.
Guitars & Basses:
Epiphone 1967 Flying V
Fender Precision Bass
ESP X-Tone AC-20EFM

Amps:
Peavey Vypyr 15
Ampeg BA-108

Effects:
Dunlop CryBaby Classic
BOSS DS-1
have you done a factory reset/firm-ware update?

Have you changed the PI tube or the power tubes if the amp is older or used?
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Have you tried using the USB port? If it sounds fine through that then it's probably a problem with the headphones port. A lot of Vypyrs have flimsy headphones ports.
Gear:
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Godin Velocity
Peavey Vypyr 15 Watt
AMT WH1 Japanese Girl Wah
Marshall BB-2 Boost/OD
Joyo JF-07 Classic Flanger
Joyo JF-37 Analog Chorus
^ It won't make any sound normally. The headphones work, but the tone is not the same. I doubt the headphone jack is the problem. If I had to guess, I'd say it is either a firmware problem or a power section problem.

Do what Robb said and then report back. In the mean time, inspect your power tubes while playing and look for a an even medium glow to the power tubes. The phase inverter 12AX7 may be shot too, so you may need to replace it. These are all things I would be doing if I were you - I have a Vypyr 60.
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 13, 2013,