ok, so I was asking in another thread about sustain, but I figured I'd make a new one for this. I am not sure if there is a problem or not, so I'll let you guys let me know what you think. I have a BlueVoodoo, and there is a rattling noise when carrying it around (to the car, into the studio, etc) This isn't while I'm playing might I add, it's literally like from something shaking or rattling around inside is what it sounds like, like some tin rattle thing. I'm not sure if it's just one of the metal parts inside the amp or if this is a common thing to make a noise while moving the amp around etc. thoughts?
Thanks again, you guys have been a huge help
um....that is probably the reverb tank dude

also, post in here if you are still not sure
https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1534810&highlight=blue+voodoo

it could be something else is loose.

the reverb tank should be pretty easy to identify and remove if you want to double check

*well, at least the pics I just looked at it looks like it has true spring reverb tank*
Last edited by 311ZOSOVHJH at Sep 12, 2013,
Was gonna ask if you have reverb. If so, thats probably what it is
'93 Gibson LP Studio (498T/490R)-Ebony
'14 Gibson LP Standard (JB/Jazz)-Ocean Water Perimeter
Epi MKH LP Custom-7 (SD Custom Shop JB-7)-Ebony
+More

Maxon od808|Boss NS-2|Boss CE-5|
Line6 G55|Korg Pitchblack Pro

JVM 210h|1960a(V30/G12t-75)
I happen to have a pic handy because I was helping someone else with something.

This is what it looks like. In a combo it will be attached to the bottom. In an amp head, it will usually be attached to the top of the headshell. Some amps have digital reverb - in which case you won't find a reverb tank and it also won't 'jangle' because there are no springs. The tanks are attached via those red and white RCA type jacks.

Just FYI