Hi. I do alot of performance at my school and different events where i play electric guitar along with a backingtrack in the pa. Untill now i have used my laptop wich is painfull tu carry around, is fragile and really annoying when a classmate is controlling the backingtrack with my laptop behind the mixer. I always end up with alot of crap like justin bieber wallpapers and other crap that pepole do when they have their hands on your pc (makes it harder to not get nervous live too). Im also looking to maybe use backingtracks with my band (so a clickrqck will be in the left channel and synths and stuff will be in the right channel. Then it wil be split with a stereo to 2 mono cable).
For this a little music player would be ideal. Could be a sony ericson or whatever, nothing fancy (warmed up for one of noways biggest bands and the drummer used a cheap sony ericson). But i got some requsts for it.
-it must be able to handle different file formats like wav etc
-whrn you play back a wav file it dosent cut out the very first second (like my android phone does, so it is impossible to get the right count in before a song)
-i must be able to organize and transfer files without a computer program like itunes etc
-it must have a screen and buttons, but not touch screen
-it must be possible to make playlists for live use
-it must be pocket size and dont be too expensive

Any ideas on what to get. Probably alot cheap things to use, but i need to know if it covers my requests. Thanks.
Get one of those ipad things
I hear they're all the rage these days
it'll probably do what you want
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
ipad is a generic term
get one not made my apples
Don't do it; it's lame.

Had a friend who did some solo acoustic things with backing tracks.

I ceased to be his friend.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by Usernames sucks
Not sure if serious. Anyway, with any apple product i need itunes to transfer files wich is not an opinion.

Why not? You have a laptop.

iPad (mini?) is really your best option. I know more than a few solo players that use them, and a couple that simply use an iPod.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Usernames sucks

-it must be able to handle different file formats like wav etc
-whrn you play back a wav file it dosent cut out the very first second (like my android phone does, so it is impossible to get the right count in before a song)

can't you get an app that's better at playing the files?
or you could just head into audacity and make the files a few seconds longer, easy