just bought a Rickenbacker 4003 (year 2004) going through a Orange Tiny Terror 500watt, and Orange 600 Watt. (sounds awesome)

Got the following effects pedals:

Electro Harmonix Big Muff bass PI,
Boss BF3 Flanger,
Boss CH3 Chorus,
Digitech bass Xeries Synth Wah,
Dunlop Bass Wah,
Acer Tuner

can anyone think of any other pedals to buy lol? currently in a prog rock/punk band, but will be forming a classic rock covers band shortly.

look forward to hearing from you!

PS; if that spaz91 (the anti rickenbacker guy who trolls on here) comments, then..... lol, thats pretty sad.........;p
Last edited by sucubus at Sep 13, 2013,
Awesome! You may get a pre amp, like Sansamp Bass Driver or MXR Bass D.I. I wonder how it sounds with the Rick!
Bringing up perfectly valid points does not constitute trolling just because it brings to light negative issues of an item you happen to be a fan of. Opening a thread like that is also a great way to guarantee which direction the thread goes (hint: not the direction you want it to). In fact the entire OP seems to lack any purpose beyond flame-baiting.

Anyway, as for effects, I'd swap out the tuner for one of the smaller/faster modern ones (TC Polytune or Korg Pitchblack would both be good bets). I'd also swap the Boss pedals out for something none-Boss, but that's a personal preference thing. A compressor is always a good bet, the Markbass one is great, the EBS one is a good simpler/cheaper choice too (avoid the Ashdown dual compressor). Also do yourself a favour and get an Ashdown HyperDrive... the single best bass-related purchase I've ever made.
Quote by Ziphoblat
Bringing up perfectly valid points does not constitute trolling just because it brings to light negative issues of an item you happen to be a fan of.

There's bringing up valid points and then there's forcing one's opinion on others..... We all know which one it usually is.

Anyway, back on topic, nice purchase. I still want one, but that'll be a long time, especially as I've just bought a Status. Regarding the effects, EHX Black finger tube compressor maybe? And as was already said the Hyperdrive is damn good.
Quote by Karl Marx
Reason has always existed, but not always in a reasonable form.
Last edited by Spanner93 at Sep 13, 2013,
Quote by Spanner93
There's bringing up valid points and then there's forcing one's opinion on others..... We all know which one it usually is.

There's a time and a place to debate Ricks and other peoples opinions about them but this is not one of those threads. If either one of you (or really anyone for that matter) starts a flame war in here the thread is getting locked and warnings will go out.

TS has legitimate questions, keep it in that scope.

As for effects, if you like the Digitech you could consider upgrading to a nicer envelope filter. Source Audio has a really nice one in their Soundblox and Soundblox Pro series. If you have money to burn and want an overdrive the Darkglass B3K would be a really nice pedal to look into.
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass