Guys, I'm trying to get a new guitar after finding out my old one is in bad quality (bad craftsmanship) and it is heavy as hell. I'm going to this thing called FOBISSEA Music festival (Students in South East Asia thing) in two months and we're creating a rock band for it. I don't think my "les paul" guitar is going to handle til November (I don't have time to leave it for repair). I'm trying to get a PRS Custom 24 but with the monthly salary I get is just not enough (RM50 per month=USD20). This is my first but probably my last FOBISSEA so I'm trying my best to convince my parents but my methods aren't working. I've been playing guitar for over 5 years and I have no idea what to do with so little time...PLEASE someone, give me some ideas what should I do. Cheers
If you're looking for guitar suggestions you should head to EG, btw.

But if you want to manipulate your parents and complain about your lack of funds then that's different. What age are you?
Why can't you just fix up your current guitar?
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Monthly "salary" of twenty bucks... You mean allowance right? Be lucky your parents throw money at you for no reason. And rent a guitar for the day if you can't afford to take care of your current one.
Quote by Hydra150
If you're looking for guitar suggestions you should head to EG, btw.

But if you want to manipulate your parents and complain about your lack of funds then that's different. What age are you?
Why can't you just fix up your current guitar?

I'm 15 and please don't say that I'm to young or something. I study in Malaysia and I can't really get a part time job or anything and I only have two months before my big show
Quote by Wormholes
Monthly "salary" of twenty bucks... You mean allowance right? Be lucky your parents throw money at you for no reason. And rent a guitar for the day if you can't afford to take care of your current one.

In Malaysia it doesn't work that way and yes I EARN the money by cleaning up my mom's office.
What's wrong with your current guitar? Can't do anything about the weight of it, but you could fix it up a bit depending on what's wrong with it.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
What you really need is a new amp.
Quote by ChemicalFire
You get my first ever lolstack

The image in my head is just too funny for words at this point

Aw yeah.
You're trying to get a PRS Custom 24? Why not just get a little cheap guitar, like a Yamaha or a MIK Fender or an Epiphone or something?
Why does it have to be a PRS Custom 24?
Quote by Baby Joel
You're trying to get a PRS Custom 24? Why not just get a little cheap guitar, like a Yamaha or a MIK Fender or an Epiphone or something?
Why does it have to be a PRS Custom 24?

I know there's not a foreseeable Custom 24 in my future, that's why I went and got the SE, which I love to death. I see so many people on here with gear that would make anyone jealous and I don't get it. 90% of us are probably bedroom guitarists, and at that point the subtle luxuries that make a 3,000$ guitar cost that much don't matter.
Quote by TheNameOfNoone
What you really need is a new amp.

Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.