Poll: Liking/disliking is for....
Poll Options
View poll results: Liking/disliking is for....
Showing your personal views about the topic of the content
7 19%
Showing your like/dislike for the quality of content itself
30 81%
Voters: 37.
It pisses me off on youtube when there's a video, for example about a child killer, like a documentary or something, and people dislike the video as a way of saying "I don't like this child killer". The freaking like and dislike is for the quality and value of the video, not as a way of expressing your views. By disliking the video you are having a negative impact on the publisher.

I say this because this happens a lot with UG articles too, and it's something that's been slowly boiling inside me.

This is just common sense right? ...Right?
i agree with you, but it also doesn't feel right to like a video about a baby rapist, even if it was very well put together
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
first world problems...
Quote by Ulalume
I had a friend who was held at gunpoint as a cashier. The robber told him to give him all the money in the register and what not. Apparently my friend then replied, "Would you like a slurpee with that?"
Yeah I agree. I never thought it was to reflect a personal stance on the subject at hand.
Quote by korinaflyingv
Well pretty much every UG article is terribly written, so what are people supposed to vote on?

yeah ts why are you wasting your time
I haven't read anything on the front page in three years... but back then I only read the fiction stuff and obviously rated it according to quality, because the topics were always the same anyway.
ERROR 0x45: Signature not found
I recognize this.
I also don't care at all.

Oh god what has society done to itself.
Maybe it's because they write stuff like "Dave Grohl says new Nirvana will definetely happen" as a headline which tends to mislead people as he was just saying another band will have a similar impact Nirvana did.
Like most democratic systems, the like button falls prey to the basic stupidity afflicting the majority of society. It's like a microcosm of people who think elections are popularity contests, practical proof that we're pretty much screwed no matter what we do...
Vinland, Vinland Über Alles

"Why do they still call me a warlord? And mad? All I want to do is create the perfect genetic soldier!"
For sure I could never hit the like on a vid like that, I never thumb it down either though. If it really annoys me I make a comment.
Quote by Tempoe
For sure I could never hit the like on a vid like that, I never thumb it down either though. If it really annoys me I make a comment.

Yes that's precisely what you're supposed to do, and what the comments are for.

Stupid humans.