Woah... hey UG... it's been a while.

So, I've been trying to save for big life/grownfolk-things over the past 2 (?!) years since i posted anything. But, i've still been mega music busy. My Fender P has just been so good, i hadn't really WANTED anything else...

...until last week!

So, my first new (to me) bass in 2 and a half years is: A 1974 Univox Hi-Flyer!

(sorry for the half*** instagram pic)

Anywho... it's wonderful. It's short scale! The neck is absolutely phenomenal, and the body has enough battlescars that it still looks classy, but it's obvious that this is a used (almost) 40 year old bass.

The previous owner swapped the pickups for some Gretch Electromatic pickups... but i'm gonna put the originals back in.

I played it out at a show last weekend, and the response was super positive! All-in-all a nice way to break my "no-new-gear" streak.

As a bonus... over the past 2 years i've sold almost all of my pedals. But i'm very happy with my current roster, that's incredibly usable for all live situations. So, boom:

/cheers
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
Good to see you around again Din, I had thought we'd lost you to TB forever. Welcome back!

That's a sweet Univox, I always seem to like them better than the original Mosrite Ventures, and that one looks like its good shape for being 39 years old. HNBD!
Composite Aficionado

Spector and Markbass
Thanks, dude!

I haven't even been up on TB as much, either!

Sometimes i still need a forum where "tortoiseshell pickguard" is not the answer to all of life's questions (even though tort rocks, in some cases!).

A friend of mine offered to sell me his mint 60's Mosrite... for $1800

I'm super happy with the Univox. I've been tweaking things all week, and i have an out of state show, tonight (first show in NYC in almost 3 years!) and i'm super stoked to see how it sounds!
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."