Wherever you are, with people you know for some time or just met, at the first moment you grab that guitar, what song do you play? Be just to show off, or to have fun, because the first impression is always the one that remains

I like playing behing the wall of sleep, by Black sabbath
Quote by rprdo
Wherever you are, with people you know for some time or just met, at the first moment you grab that guitar, what song do you play? Be just to show off, or to have fun, because the first impression is always the one that remains

I like playing behing the wall of sleep, by Black sabbath

improv, an original, or whatever is in my head or the song that made me want to pick it up, or if someone asked me to play something.
First thing? Usually Point to Point (or On Impulse) by Animals as Leaders for warming up. Afterwards improv.
Join the 7 String Legion!

Ph'nglui mglw'nafh Cthulhu R'lyeh wgah'nagl fhtagn.

Messiaen is Magical

Official Approval
This message has been approved by:

Mister A.J.
Head of the Department of Redundancy Department
Mister A.J.
I play twinkle little star or some common tune on the clean channel with no regard to meter, rhythm or artistic sensibility then switch to distortion and immediately rip into some Megadeth or Pantera for dynamic contrast
Quote by innovine
A g then d chord, to see if its in tune.

This. And also A and E chords. I always play G-D-A-E to see if it's in tune.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
^ aw man that's what i do. Not even to check it's in tune, just because it's awesome.

I thought I was unique.

I'm so disillusioned right now.

Ah but wait, do you do the G the cool way, with your thumb on the low E string? (G5 in other words)
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by Dave_Mc
^ aw man that's what i do. Not even to check it's in tune, just because it's awesome.

I thought I was unique.

I'm so disillusioned right now.

Ah but wait, do you do the G the cool way, with your thumb on the low E string? (G5 in other words)

Sometimes I use my thumb but usually I use my middle finger on the low E string and just mute the A string with my index finger. The third played that low just sounds too muddy IMO. So yeah, I play the G chord as a G5.

Yeah, and the G-D-A-E thing isn't only for tuning, it's just because I'm used to playing that every time I pick up the guitar.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
normally i do it that way because it's easier than fingering the whole G

and yeah. g-d-a-e sounds good and tells me roughly if it's in tune or not. win-win
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?