Hi. In the last year or so i have goten more into recording, music production, gear, guitar amps, fx, fx processors etc. Before when i listened to music or checked out bands, the only things i tought about was the music, composition, technical stuff from musicians and what they do on their instruments etc. Now i only think about gear related stuff all the time, and the mixing/ production of the music when i listen to music. This is very uninspiering, stressing and its killing me. Before i practiced guitar for hours a day and wrote music every day now (even when i got alot more guitar and recording gear), i dont write unless i have to (for my band) and i practice 70% less. What the hell do i do? I want to stop worrying about gear and just be a musician. I miss the days when all i had was my guitar and my roland cube amp.
A shitty player will sound shitty on an expensive guitar and a shitty guitar.

A good player will sound good on a shitty guitar and an expensive guitar.
Quote by progdude93
my fetish is dudes with dicks small enough to pee on their own sacks.
Quote by Usernames sucks
Hi. In the last year or so i have goten more into recording, music production, gear, guitar amps, fx, fx processors etc. Before when i listened to music or checked out bands, the only things i tought about was the music, composition, technical stuff from musicians and what they do on their instruments etc. Now i only think about gear related stuff all the time, and the mixing/ production of the music when i listen to music. This is very uninspiering, stressing and its killing me. Before i practiced guitar for hours a day and wrote music every day now (even when i got alot more guitar and recording gear), i dont write unless i have to (for my band) and i practice 70% less. What the hell do i do? I want to stop worrying about gear and just be a musician. I miss the days when all i had was my guitar and my roland cube amp.

You just answered your own question.

/thread
Quote by Usernames sucks
Hi. In the last year or so i have goten more into recording

(Invalid img)
Quote by EndTheRapture51
hard sciences don't have correct and incorrect answers actually
Make crappy MIDI drums.
Record clipping acoustic guitar.
Record clipping bass guitar.
Record vocals with cheesy lyrics.
Autotune.
Quote by Dimarzio45
That was just awful.

Just to clarify, that is not me in the video.
Silverburst
Quote by Insanity ninja
Just to clarify, that is not me in the video.

haha I figured.
man...the problem is in your head, you gotta figure out what is junked up in there and fix it. Otherwise get rid of all your stuff and just play your roland cube and guitar. Your call.
Your username sucks
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
Maybe you're too much in the habit of thinking about music rather than just enjoying the pure sound, without thinking about numbers, structures, how it's played, etc.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
Quote by eGraham
Your username sucks

I agree, really it's the double plural that annoys the shit out of me. "usernameS suckS" why??
why are you spending so much time on gear? can't you cut down on it and listen to music more and write more? this isn't a rhetorical question, i want to hear your answer
"I specialize in driving a set like I'm driving a Lexus" - Uncle Mez