Would it effect the sound?

this is possibly a really stupid question , but I thought I'd ask you guys first.

I mean I'm assuming the sound is transferred from the nut down into the body

To be honest I have a Mexican strat , which is great but I wanted to put a little design through the "made in mexico" on the headstock. No mexico hate.
A carving won't affect the sound, but it could easily look crappy. What are you thinking of doing to it?

Quote by MohnJayer
I'm assuming the sound is transferred from the nut down into the body

You assume wrong. The Internet has made assumptions obsolete!

The nut basically holds the strings in place from the top of the fretboard to the bridge. It's very important because a shitty one will cause lots of buzzing and unwanted noise when playing.
Thanks a lot man

Im not 100% what yet , but I'll make sure it's well done

thanks for the info sir !
You could carve up the whole (electric) guitar and not notice a difference in sound.

Quote by emad
jthm_guitarist
Warned for trolling!

Quote by metal4eva_22
Didn't you say that you had a stuffed fox that you would occasionally fuck?

Quote by Axelfox
It's not a fox,it's a wolf.
Have you seen Willie Nelson's guitar? It has a few dings and still sounds alright. I think an electric can handle a few scratches on the surface of the wood haha.
Quote by HippieMagic
Have you seen Willie Nelson's guitar? It has a few dings and still sounds alright. I think an electric can handle a few scratches on the surface of the wood haha.

if by a few dings you mean a gaping hole in the front of it.
Someone is wrong on the internet. Only you can help.

Originally Posted by Tulkas
Stairway is required on any list of anything involving the words guitar or song, I believe Congress amended the constitution in order to put it into federal law.
Quote by jthm_guitarist
You could carve up the whole (electric) guitar and not notice a difference in sound.

yep.

I didn't scroll all the way down on that picture to see the back shots so I just saw the front. Took me too long to understand what was going on.

I really wanna do that now...
Last edited by WholeLottaIzzy at Sep 14, 2013,