When you find yourself somewhere, visiting people or at a party and say there is an old acoustic guitar in the corner. Can you go over pick it up and entertain people for hours on end?

Or if you picked it up would you empty the room or make an ass of yourself?

Basically do you make people happy with your playing?

Yes. I have a large repetoire of sing along songs so its easy to pick up a guitar, entertain the crowd and get laid.
And no, Guitar Hero will not help. Even on expert. Really.
Soundcloud
Quote by AlanHB
and get laid.

Yeah well ... you are from Oz, it goes without saying.

^^^ Song choice is the key mate. You're more likely to get laid playing Call Me Maybe than the intro of Master of Puppets repeatedly.
Soundcloud
Yes, it can never hurt to know a few song everyone knows. Also your 12 bar blues is always a winner. If not, I just noodle around, but things turn in a saucagefest pretty quick.
Quote by wiggedy
When you find yourself somewhere, visiting people or at a party and say there is an old acoustic guitar in the corner. Can you go over pick it up and entertain people for hours on end?

I try not to worry about things like that. I say make yourself happy with your playing, because if you're not digging it, you really shouldn't expect anyone else to.
Quote by AlanHB
You're more likely to get laid

hahaha I am pushing 50, I don't play to get laid....

Quote by GuitarMunky
I try not to worry about things like that. I say make yourself happy with your playing, because if you're not digging it, you really shouldn't expect anyone else to.

It becomes very self indulgent though. Seems like I am the only person who enjoys me playing.

I could pick up a guitar and play song parts, and if there were other guitar players present that's fine. But to play music and entertain people.... forget it ...I would have to decline.

Yeah if I had to describe my playing, it would be very self indulgent.
Quote by odensson95
I can play for hours for my benefits. Why would i entertain other people... right?

Play music.
Inspire people, your kids.
Have a good time.
Quote by wiggedy

I could pick up a guitar and play song parts, and if there were other guitar players present that's fine. But to play music and entertain people.... forget it ...I would have to decline.

well, what kinds of music do you like?

can you play songs all the way through, or just bits and pieces?

if your answer is music that other people would like to hear, and yes you can play them all the way through..... try doing that to entertain people.
I would pick the guitar up but it would be for self indulgent reasons. When there is a guitar in the room I am instantly drawn to it and will pick it up and play it. But yeah I can easily play for hours. I don't do it to entertain people but that does seem to be a side effect.
Si
Quote by wiggedy

Ideally you can find a middle ground. Something you enjoy playing that people also like to listen to.
Soundcloud
I'm trying not to brag or anything , but as son as I pick up a guitar there are primates banging down my doors from al directions !

I have it on good authority from my missus its cause everytime I strum a guitar I suck monkey's ballz !
I play mostly original tunes and most people seem to enjoy it. Sometimes requests are made and it becomes a miniature impromptu open mic situation for all those present
Quote by 20Tigers
I would pick the guitar up but it would be for self indulgent reasons. When there is a guitar in the room I am instantly drawn to it and will pick it up and play it. But yeah I can easily play for hours. I don't do it to entertain people but that does seem to be a side effect.

Agreed.

If I walk into a room and there's a guitar, I'll play it just because I naturally enjoy playing the guitar. Generally, people find this entertaining. On the other hand, I wouldn't play it with the sole intention of entertaining everybody in the room; you'd never see me pick up a guitar and strum a bunch of sing-along songs or whatever. In fact, I hate being asked and/or expected to play the guitar and will usually decline if being asked to play. I'm not self-conscious or nervous or anything like that and I could easily play the guitar whenever/wherever if I wanted to, but I decide when I want to play, not when someone else wants or expects me to.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.
Quote by wiggedy

No.

1. I don't sing
2. My name is not Tommy Emmanuel
Quote by Sleaze Disease
Agreed.

If I walk into a room and there's a guitar, I'll play it just because I naturally enjoy playing the guitar. Generally, people find this entertaining. On the other hand, I wouldn't play it with the sole intention of entertaining everybody in the room; you'd never see me pick up a guitar and strum a bunch of sing-along songs or whatever. In fact, I hate being asked and/or expected to play the guitar and will usually decline if being asked to play. I'm not self-conscious or nervous or anything like that and I could easily play the guitar whenever/wherever if I wanted to, but I decide when I want to play, not when someone else wants or expects me to.

Ditto. All this is exactly me.

The only time I'll pick up an acoustic guitar at a party <___<

For me, personally, one of my least favourite things in the world is 'guitar circles', where everyone sings Tribute for the millionth time and I leave the room with several others.

If I'm ever asked to play guitar in front of others, I usually do some of my arrangements of classical pieces, like Queen Of The Night, Winter from Four Seasons, etc, and that often entertains people, I do, however, make a point to not play for long, I find it incredibly rude to visit someone and spent more time with an instrument than them, I've got guitars at home, I honestly don't see why you get people in the corner of the room with an acoustic for hours on end.
If I were to actually do it, I'd play You've Got A Friend In Me, as it's swag in music form.

But otherwise I'd just play an E over and over or something
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
CelestialGuitar brought up a very good point.

I wouldn't sit around for hours playing someone else's guitar at a party, either. I would probably play a few licks or whatever just to get a feel for the guitar, but I wouldn't be THAT GUY who just plays a guitar the whole time and not really socializes with anyone.
Quote by SteveHouse
This thread is officially about sucking Sleaze off for a sig.

Quote by tayroar
Hey Sleaze I'll give you a blowjob if you sig me. Maybe even some nudey photos?

Quote by crazy8rgood

Sleaze, that made me lulz in my pants.

Quote by 36mikeyb36
hahaha Sleaze i'd give you my mom for that one.