Hey guys.

For a while, my volume knob on my EC-1000 has been loose (like when it was at 10, it didn't stop turning. I could turn it like a half turn more, with no volume change whatsoever.) but yesterday it became even more loose (i can do almost 2 whole turns) and the neck pickup just doesn't make any sound anymore. What's the fix? Do i have to buy another knob or redo the solder? Or am i better off taking it to my local guitar store?

Thanks!
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5
^+1
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by Explorerbuilder
Well... sounds like you kept turning it so far that it broke all the wires. Use common sense man. if the whole thing is spinning, its spinning and tearing wires. The nut must have been loose or something.
You will have to re solder the whole thing.

Well, honnestly, I've never forced it. I've always stopped at 10 but even going gently you feel like it goes a bit past 10. But i've never forced it.
Ibanez SIX28FDBG
ESP EC-1000 Deluxe
Ibanez AGR73T
Ibanez RG350DX
Ibanez AW
Peavey Triple XXX
BOSS pedals : TU-3 -> CS-3 -> NS-2 -> RV-5
Last edited by sbesozzi at Sep 14, 2013,
Does the guitar have an access pannel? Can you get to the back of the pot and look?
Quote by sbesozzi
What's the fix? Do i have to buy another knob or redo the solder? Or am i better off taking it to my local guitar store?

Thanks!

I read the thread contents. It doesn't read to me like you have enough guitar tech experience to go poking about inside it.

So, take it to your store and have a tech fix it. Also ask them to secure all the pot bodies well so they don't slip again.
'It takes 100 guitar players to change a light. One to change the light and 99 to stand around pointing, saying..."Yeah man, look...I can do that too"...'

My gear is in my Profile

Builds & Refurbs
Hondo 780 Deluxe
Gibson Studio
Epi LP100
Last edited by Phoenix V at Sep 15, 2013,
Quote by Guitbuilder
Does the guitar have an access pannel? Can you get to the back of the pot and look?

+1

open the back cover look at the pot that is spinning. are their any wires not connected?

Hold the pot that is moving, use a 10mm wrench and tighten the nut on the front of the guitar (you may need to remove the knob first). \\

might as well check them all while your doing it.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Quote by sbesozzi
Well, honnestly, I've never forced it. I've always stopped at 10 but even going gently you feel like it goes a bit past 10. But i've never forced it.

Well that's bullshit considering you said it could go 1.5x and then 2x when it got even looser.

Take off the panel and take a look at the damage as suggested above. Soldering isn't hard and it's pretty easy to learn inside guitars because they don't have particularly small components.
Quote by SlackerBabbath
My ideal woman would be a grossly overweight woman who would happy go jogging, come home all sweaty and let me put my dick under her armpit while she shuffles a pack of cards.

Stay classy, pit.