In a piece in Gm there's some g - bb - c# - e chord... Especially the (♮6 confuses me, because otherwise it could be a Italian Sixth or something. I really don't know what kind of chord this is

Any help?

EDIT: maybe a c#m7(b5), but with the a# spelled bb because the note is bowed from a bb in an Eb chord from the previous measure

Still can't figure out what function an F B D G chord would be here
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Last edited by 08L1V10N at Sep 14, 2013,
Quote by 08L1V10N
In a piece in Gm there's some g - bb - c# - e chord... Especially the (♮6 confuses me, because otherwise it could be a Italian Sixth or something. I really don't know what kind of chord this is

Any help?

Are you sure it's a #4 and not a b5? and a natural sixth and not a double flatted seventh?

Without knowing what piece you are talking about or how the progression looks, i'm just guessing it is a G diminished seventh chord. A 1-b3-b5-bb7. It makes more sense, but of course i can't know without looking at the context.

Cheers
Fusion and jazz musician, a fan of most music.

Quote by Guthrie Govan
“If you steal from one person it's theft, and if you steal from lots of people it's research”

Quote by Chick Corea
"Only play what you hear. If you don't hear anything, don't play anything."
Yeah, it's just an inversion of C# dim 7.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Thanks! And FBDG is not in the snippet, it's the measure after the C#dim7
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.