Professor Plunk
210 IQ
Hey. I'm thinking of buying a Vox Amplug, but I don't know which one. Judging by the sound clips and videos on the web,I'm gonna pick either the AC30, the Classic Rock or the Night Train. I'd like to have good clean sounds, but I also wish to have a good amount of distorsion (not necessarily for metal, but for rock/hard rock).
So, which Amplug is best suited to me? The AC30 might not be good enough for the distorted sounds, but the Classic Rock might not be good enough for the cleans. I don't really know about the Night Train.
Volcz
VCA '18
2,428 IQ
You could get a couple.
I'd say go for the AC30 one if you really want those cleans.
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
Have you considered getting a decent used multi effect pedal instead? Most have a headphone output so you could still practice silently, and they're be far more versatile than an amplug.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
I like my Zoom G3, but that's probably a bit more expensive if you're only looking at spending £30 on an Amplug? (Not sure what currency you'll be shopping in?)

I often see the Digitech RP50 going for less that £30 on ebay though, so that could be a good option.

I've never tried them, but Line 6 are always recommended round here. Check out the Pod / Pocket Pod.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud