Page 1 of 2
Isn't a fun time. Friend who I haven't seen in ages texted me tonight asking to meet her in town to go to some nightclubs and whatever. I decided to go sober as to save some money and just try it out, as every other time I've been to nightclubs in my town I have been completely trashed. Turns out being trashed makes the experience 10x more enjoyable

In my town, the nightclub scene basically just feels like every person I didn't like in high school gathering in the same place And paying $15 to go to a nightclub to listen to a shitty DJ and ay $8 for basic drinks is bs. Lasted 2 hours and went home.

So, Pit, are there any tricks to enjoy clubs sober? Has anyone had a good time on the town sober?
Never go to a club sober. Never. You will hate everything and everyone.
Makes sense to me. Go to the night club/bar drunk because you're just going to pick up chicks/dudes/potential long term relationships.

But you wouldn't buy a toaster while you're drunk because that's much too important.
Last edited by metaldud536 at Sep 14, 2013,
$15 Entry and $8 a drink. I am so sorry for you.

Also: Pre-drinks!!!
Guitars & Gear:
Parker Nitefly M
Sumer Metal Driver
Ibanez RGD2120Z
AMT SS-11B
Two Notes Torpedo CAB
I totally feel for you TS, I've made the mistake too. And it was rubbish, especially with clingy former girlfriends...had to resort to drinking red bull and eating pot noodles to keep me awake.
Wasn't planning on drinking AT ALL. I'm smart enough to pre-drink before going to clubs where I know I'm going to drink. If I was drinking it would have been another $40+ on cab fares..
There are no tricks to enjoy it sober. Unless you're just a special type of guy who can pull it off. I knew this one guy who doesn't drink so he would always be sober at parties or bars but he would walk around acting like he was drunk. That's even more annoying.
I've gone out a few times completely sober, and its really easy. You just have to have a good time.
Who says you need to drink to have a laugh with friends or just relax in a bar? This summer I went with to an open air DJ-set with a pretty big group (16 people) where they played the most awful music (this: https://soundcloud.com/daleri/epic-mashleg) the crowd was REALLY shitty (everyone stood there just drinking beer and just standing, not dancing or anything) and you know what? It was freaking awesome! You have to make the party yourselves.
I just did the whole sober-at-a-club thing tonight.

Keeping clubs interesting and enjoyable without being smashed is easy! Steal your friends phones and stage conversations across multiple Facebook walls involving the most outlandish shit you can think of. Whilst replying to their any text messages they may get in a similar fashion.

It's fun for me at the time. And fun for them going on a journey of discovery through their Facebook/message history the next day.

Everybody wins!
This water's dark and coldGod's not where you hopedThis moment come and goneIt's time we all moved on
I've actually had a couple of good nights where I've been sober, theres no trick to it though. Just depends on the night. Most of the time it'll be terrible though. Depends on a lot of things.
Quote by Shredder XXX
I just did the whole sober-at-a-club thing tonight.

Keeping clubs interesting and enjoyable without being smashed is easy! Steal your friends phones and stage conversations across multiple Facebook walls involving the most outlandish shit you can think of. Whilst replying to their any text messages they may get in a similar fashion.

It's fun for me at the time. And fun for them going on a journey of discovery through their Facebook/message history the next day.

Everybody wins!

You bastard
Did anybody suggest pregaming yet?
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
I refuse to do it. I blackout before clubs, most of the time.

I usually just don't want to be there.
This ends now, eat the goddamn beans!
We just call it preing

I've been sober a few times because a friend of mine doesn't drink and I didnt want him to be the only one. It wasn't bad at all.
cat
Quote by Trowzaa
Never go to a club sober. Never. You will hate everything and everyone.

True, but you can be thankful you're not that drunktard stumbling or trying to start a fight.
I love going to clubs sober for two reasons:

1) Watching all the drunk idiots doing really dumb stuff.....shit makes me laugh

2) Being able to re-tell, in horrifying detail, the stupid things people did when they can't remember. If I'd been there when The Hangovers occurred, those movies would have been a lot shorter
Come back if you want to
And remember who you are
‘Cause there's nothing here for you my dear
And everything must pass
I must be the only person who feels sorry for these numpties who need alcohol to have fun. Alcohol is meant to be a stimulant. Hanging around with drunk people sober can actually be hilarious. Just get dancing and have a camera ready.
The only reason to go to a club is to pull chicks. Why would you go to a club to meet an old friend?
Listen. I'm sorry.
Quote by guitarxo
You are objectively 100% wrong

yeah it is actually slightly better

but i guess the only times i've ever been to a bar i've gone sober because i'm under the age limit

it's alright, i'm sure it would be way more fun not sober
Quote by guitarxo
We just call it preing

I've been sober a few times because a friend of mine doesn't drink and I didnt want him to be the only one. It wasn't bad at all.

That's too close to"peeing"
Quote by Night
wtf is a selfie? is that like, touching yourself or something?
i had a terrible expirience when i went to a club sober...
i stayed for 30 minutes and left, bought some weed and played WoW whole night...

Next time... TEQUILA!
If you can read this... you can read!

Quote by Fat Lard
    I like semen, so what?
    I went to a club and spent like $90. It was horrible and I will never do it again.
    Last edited by Gyroscope : Tomorrow at 01:00 PM.
    I hate nightclubs even while I'm drunk. Going sober is probably the worst thing for someone's sanity
    WARNING: Signature may not be handwritten
    clubs are terrible places
    only good for finding one night stands but even then whats the point
    Once I went clubbing, we pre-drinked before but I had run out of my £15 budget and pre-drink alcohol it by the time we'd hit the second club. And I was stuck there from 3am-6am sober which was the worst thing ever.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
    As everyone else said, predrinks are the way. Alcohol from a corner shop or supermarket is usually around about a third of the price of what you would pay for it in a bar. I usually buy a six pack, beforehand, then maybe just one or two drinks in the club when i get there.
    WHOMP

Think of that next time you are not allowed to laugh.
    As a Muslim, I do not drink. Living in England all my friends go out clubbing so I go out with them (ofcourse I do not drink) and I have to say it's so boring for me! though I can see why my friends would go out
    JUST ANOTHER ANNOYING BIG STATUS
    Page 1 of 2