Hey guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place for this question but it's a little problem I can't seem to get through with, I call it noise or finger noise. It's not about regular noise, but my OWN noise, meaning the ones I make when I change strings or chords.

The thing is that whenever I play a song and I change strings there is always the noise of my finger lifting from the string and going to the other one, get it? I try to mute the strings but it seems that it still doesn't work. Could it be that it's normal and once that you play with drums and bass you don't really notice it anymore? is there a way to avoid it?
R.I.P. Dio, always in our hearts

Rock and Metal are my passions!

Favs, Band - Iron Maiden, Vocals - Dio, Guitar - Paul Gilbert, Drums - Mike Portnoy, Bass - Billy Sheehan.
you can minimize the noise you make by practicing how you lift your fingers off the strings, but a bit of noise is inevitable. you're right, it's just a lot less noticeable on records when all the other instruments are going on, and especially when the guitar parts are doubled.
Quote by archerygenious
Jesus Christ since when is the Pit a ****ing courtroom...

Like melodic, black, death, symphonic, and/or avant-garde metal? Want to collaborate? Message me!
Proper technique can help minimize string noise, but it will always be there to some degree. The noise will become more prominent if you all playing with an especially high gain set-up.
Thank you guys, do you know any good exercise? I'll look for one here but just asking
R.I.P. Dio, always in our hearts

Rock and Metal are my passions!

Favs, Band - Iron Maiden, Vocals - Dio, Guitar - Paul Gilbert, Drums - Mike Portnoy, Bass - Billy Sheehan.
When I started playing guitar I had the same problem, but I found that after a while of practicing my transitions between chords the sound almost vanished. If you practice how you lift up your fingers off of the strings, then after a while that sound should start to become more quiet.
Practice lifting your finger off the strings slowly before going full speed.
I would recommend muting, but muting shouldn't compensate for technique issues.