When I started playing guitar nearly 11 years ago - I had a dream guitar. A guitar that I wanted more than anything, but could never dream of affording at the time. (I was only 12 when I started playing, so I never knew what would come of my guitar playing)

Everybody has that guitar when they start that just makes them go "WOW". Well Either because of money, or never being able to find one at the right time, I was never able to get one. It just wasn't about getting this kind of guitar - it was about finding one in THIS exact color. Which as well all know, different years yield different color selections, and some may not come back around for many years.

Well I walked into guitar center today, and found this - the guitar I had always wanted growing up. It's not the most expensive guitar in the world, and it's not the nicest, but it's more of a nostalgic thing for me, more than anything. It just took me back to my early teenage years flipping through the Musicians Friend catalogs gawking over items I knew i'd never have.

It's a 2012, American Standard Strat - in Candy Cola (Chrome red).

It's just a typical standard strat. Not really anything special about it. But the COLOR - is why I always wanted this guitar. It's a chrome red finish, with flake in the paint, and it looks awesome in the sunlight. I wish I could have gotten better pictures of it.

I bought this guitar USED. However, it came with the Fender hardshell case, all the original paper work and accessories. As you can see by the photos, it still has the sticker on the pickguard. It also still has the shrink wrap on the back plate. It's like somebody bought this guitar, and put it in the case for a year, and then sold it. It still has the sticker over the tremelo arm cavity! This guitar is literally brand new in every aspect. I got everything for $800.

It's not a very practical guitar for me honestly. I mean look at my setup - I'm running a peavey 6505+ with a maxon 808. It sounds FANTASTIC. But I don't really play music that uses single coils - though I do love the sound of them. It's got a slightly smaller neck than my other strats do, but still very comfortable. The pickups are the Custom Shop Fat 50's. And thats exactly how they sound - FAT. Especially the neck pickup. They're not hum cancelling, but I use a noise gate, so it's not too bad.

I plan to leave it like this. I don't know how often I'll play it, but it's just one of those thing's that I've always wanted, and I am glad to finally have.

Hope you guys weren't let down by a generic standard strat! haha - but as I said, it's more sentimental/nostalgic value to me above anything.

Thanks for reading guys!
Fender American Select Strat HSS Antique Burst
Fender American Select Strat HSS Transparent Crimson
Fender American Deluxe Strat
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson Les Paul Traditional
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
A dream realized always deserves a hearty congratulation.

HNGD!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thats just righteous congrats. My equivalent to that is a gold top custom 24. Ill get it one of these days.. but HNGD!!
HNGD!

For me, the ultimate strat dream is a Lake Placid Blue with a maple fretboard, I suppose that's a bit "easier" to find.
Gear pics

Quote by Cathbard
Bugera cloning Blackstar is a scandal cloaked in a tragedy making love to a nightmare.

sweet

I'm pretty sure it clashes with your shirt, though
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Thanks so much guys! Glad you all can appreciate it! Also awesome to know some of your guys' "dream" guitars. They had another one of these right next to it, it was like a robin's egg blue, with a maple fretboard, it was a cool looking guitar, but I just had to have this one.

Quote by Dave_Mc
sweet

I'm pretty sure it clashes with your shirt, though

Haha - I get more compliments on that shirt than any other shirt I own. I got 4-5 people yesterday stop me and tell me how much they loved it and how well it went with the white belt - hahah!

Anyway - thanks for all the compliments and kind words guys!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by CkY freak

Haha - I get more compliments on that shirt than any other shirt I own. I got 4-5 people yesterday stop me and tell me how much they loved it and how well it went with the white belt - hahah!

I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
that's debatable
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
candy cola! yes. awesome color.

set your camera light setting to MMS and see if that helps with pics. i've been trying to get good imagess of a red with flake and i want to shoot myself right about now.

congrats on a great strat. you can always find a stacked bucker or rail type for the bridge position if you are hung up on keeping it SSS in appearance.

Quote by Ippon
Dave not only loves gear and haunting Mids; but, is always aware of fashion/style.

he did say he was only "pretty sure" and wasn't very certain about it. not sure how aware the guy really is about clothing.

i heard he's colorblind.
Last edited by gregs1020 at Sep 15, 2013,
nah i'm not colourblind
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
That's an amazing strat, bud!

It's even cooler that it's in such perfect condition even for a used year-old guitar. It's like my Vintage Modern, it was a few months old when I bought it and it was in perfect condition with 2 hours of use. I hope you like it!
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by aerosmithfan95
That's an amazing strat, bud!

It's even cooler that it's in such perfect condition even for a used year-old guitar. It's like my Vintage Modern, it was a few months old when I bought it and it was in perfect condition with 2 hours of use. I hope you like it!

Yeah - its really surprising. It's brand new - and I saved $400 on it because the previous owner didn't seem to play it! It really worked out well!

Quote by gregs1020
candy cola! yes. awesome color.

set your camera light setting to MMS and see if that helps with pics. i've been trying to get good imagess of a red with flake and i want to shoot myself right about now.

Thanks for the tips! I'm going to have to try that out!

and a thread with guitars and fashion - it's like my 2 interests coming together as one. The most winning thread I've ever had, haha.
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Quote by CkY freak
Yeah - its really surprising. It's brand new - and I saved $400 on it because the previous owner didn't seem to play it! It really worked out well!

I know! That's the best thing ever since you get something in excellent condition for a few hundred less than new!
Skip the username, call me Billy
Quote by aerosmithfan95
I know! That's the best thing ever since you get something in excellent condition for a few hundred less than new!

It's almost depressing at the same time. The guy who bought it new paid $1200 for it most likely - and then sold it to guitar center for probably 60% of what they sold it for, which equals out to be about $500. The guy lost $700 for basically holding onto it for a few months. It's crazy how much the value goes down after it leaves the store. Much like cars I suppose.

But it was a winning situation for me! So... woo!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
Its always awesome when someone gets to own their dream guitar, no matter what it is. HNGD, enjoy it!
banned
HNGD! I'm not a Strat guy, but that color is awesome! Definitely "would".
Also, I lived in Centerville, Ohio for like 10 years, so I'm showing some Dayton love here as well
OffsetOffset
Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words and respect!

And centerville - you familiar with Bojangles? My band used to play there on a weekly basis a couple years ago! Awesome place! Cool to see another local on here!
PRS Custom 24 USA
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Ibanez RG1570 Prestige
Parker PDF100
nice man, i recently bought a carvin and that met my specs in a guitar i have been wanting for years, so i feel ya
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)