Poll: Do you think he used chemical weapons?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you think he used chemical weapons?
Yes, he's bad and he should feel bad
25 53%
No, CONSPUHRASUH!!!
15 32%
I don't care about Syria, but I clicked this thread nontheless
7 15%
Voters: 47.
Page 1 of 2
To be honest I really don't know what to think about that situation. Why would the guy use chemical weapons against his own people, killing a lot of them thus reducing tax incomes and human capital. Plus doing that would give muricah the perfect reason to attack him which he probable doesn't want. First I thought Al Assad was the bad guy and the FSA the good guys but after watching a lot of footage of the syrian war, I kept seeing comments from actual syrian people that would say "FSA are terrorists!" and stuff like that. Apparently they'd be extremists and/or mercenaries or whatever. This is getting really confusing. Also I saw this video today. I'm starting to think the chemical weapon thing is all made up. What do you guys think about that?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9RC1Mepk_Sw
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
america need to stop policing the ****ing world and war mongering
Quote by Deliriumbassist
Antisocial Behaviour Order. A chav's equivalent of GCSEs.
Quote by rancidryan

I agree, Assad should listen to the latter part of that sentence too.
Quote by rancidryan
But that's the West's MO! Get involved in shit we have no business in and ruin countries and cultures even more than they already are!
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Nah he wasn't fo realz. He was just like: JOKE!!! Soon all the sick and dead people will suddenly stand up and call: surprise!!! And Obama will be all like: oh you got me!! And putin will be like: rofl. And the entire world will suddenly live in peace and dance all night long.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Banjocal
But that's the West's MO! Get involved in shit we have no business in and ruin countries and cultures even more than they already are!

Yes mate, I think we should just sit back and watch

The death toll's only estimated over 100,000? And only 6,561 children have been innocently killed?

pfffffffftttttt
Quote by Duffman123
Yes mate, I think we should just sit back and watch

The death toll's only estimated over 100,000? And only 6,561 children have been innocently killed?

pfffffffftttttt
It's not a done job until you've destroyed an entire culture with napalm.

Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
I watch the T.V. and it tells Al Assad is really a bad guy. I hate him.
Quote by Dave Mustaine
If you want to be treated intelligently, act intelligent.

Talking about politics on UG with the users is actually more degrading for your brain than watching CNN, so please stop.
I don't think anyone would be the kind of stupid you'd need to be to give 'Murica a reason to invade while you're winning.
Assad is questionable and so are the rebels.

The rebels are worse I'd say though.

longing rusted furnace daybreak seventeen benign nine homecoming one freight car
The content of this thread is tragic.
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Todd Hart
The content of this thread is tragic.

And you're part of the content.
Quote by MetalMullet
And you're part of the content.

I didn't say that every individual part of this thread was tragic, just that the overall effect was a tragic one.
Quote by Todd Hart
I didn't say that every individual part of this thread was tragic, just that the overall effect was a tragic one.

Maybe, but disguising idiocy and bigotry with fancy words in a political debate doesn't make the arguments less stupid.
Quote by MetalMullet
Maybe, but disguising idiocy and bigotry with fancy words in a political debate doesn't make the arguments less stupid.

Fancy words? Oh dear.
Quote by shelovemyguitar
To be honest I really don't know what to think about that situation. Why would the guy use chemical weapons against his own people, killing a lot of them thus reducing tax incomes and human capital. Plus doing that would give muricah the perfect reason to attack him which he probable doesn't want. First I thought Al Assad was the bad guy and the FSA the good guys but after watching a lot of footage of the syrian war, I kept seeing comments from actual syrian people that would say "FSA are terrorists!" and stuff like that. Apparently they'd be extremists and/or mercenaries or whatever. This is getting really confusing. Also I saw this video today. I'm starting to think the chemical weapon thing is all made up. What do you guys think about that?

That would, if you are serious, make you one of the most ignorant people on the planet.

No one is suggesting that, not even the Russians or Assad.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Well the rebels did say they'd go to this extent to force international action. Plus, if Assad did it he wouldn't back down so easily.
Quote by Lord_Doku
Well the rebels did say they'd go to this extent to force international action. Plus, if Assad did it he wouldn't back down so easily.

Easily?

He's looking at a couple of hundred cruise missiles ruining a massive portion of his military infrastructure vs. a Russian benefactor that can make the chem-weapons usage a non-issue while poking a finger in the US Gov'ts eye.

It's not really even much of a question.
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Last edited by Arby911 at Sep 15, 2013,
Yea, **** those countries who get involved in other shit countries affairs. They should just let them slaughter their people!!!

Can I be in the cool kids club now?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Quote by WCPhils
Yea, **** those countries who get involved in other shit countries affairs. They should just let them slaughter their people!!!

You have to say "What's even the difference between Assad/the rebels purposefully targeting civilians with nerve agents and Obama 'accidentally' (yeah right he just wants the oil) killing civilians with drone strikes? America is clearly the problem. And besides, the Muslims were really nice back in the 9th century so obviously its the west's fault after all the crusades and the Iraq war were evil and just done for oil and in the name of jesus by theocratic orwellian dictators like Bush and Obama.'
Quote by Arby911
That would, if you are serious, make you one of the most ignorant people on the planet.

No one is suggesting that, not even the Russians or Assad.

I have absolutely no trust in the mainstream news to be honest.
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by WCPhils

Here's your logic: So the U.S purposefully starts aiding a small group of extremists in order to create chaos and war. This fabricated tension leads to the killing of thousands of civilians so now the U.S should directly intervene as a humanitarian Chuck Norris spreading free cheeseburgers to the Syrian casualties. What a fukin' hero!

I usually don't insult people, but hey this is the Internet. There are no excuses for how much of an idiot you are!
He obviously did. Like dictators aren't really known to be cool, rational dudes. They think they have absolute power over everything. Dude wasn't thinking "This could get my country invaded" or "I'm losing tax revenue by killing everybody." He's trying to protect his power.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by MetalMullet
Here's your logic: So the U.S purposefully starts aiding a small group of extremists in order to create chaos and war. This fabricated tension leads to the killing of thousands of civilians so now the U.S should directly intervene as a humanitarian Chuck Norris spreading free cheeseburgers to the Syrian casualties. What a fukin' hero!

I usually don't insult people, but hey this is the Internet. There are no excuses for how much of an idiot you are!

Your arguing methods are just incredible.

- Create an absurd and inflated strawman.
- Claim that the opponent believes in that strawman.
- Claim victory.

Amazing, and yet you still have the gall to be smug?
Quote by Todd Hart
Your arguing methods are just incredible.

- Create an absurd and inflated strawman.
- Claim that the opponent believes in that strawman.
- Claim victory.

Amazing, and yet you still have the gall to be smug?

I love when people resort to the rules of dialectics in order to dismiss someone.
i remain skeptical because i haven't bothered to look at the evidence. ain't nobody got time for that. todd, will, arby, dread, jackal et. al. are so predictable in threads like this that, which is fine, but it makes it hard for me to take their word. (inb4 "i don't expect you to take my word" yeah i know but it's nice to be able to let other people make decisions for you ya.)

Quote by WCPhils

maybe before you're so condescending you should seriously consider the arguments of those who would prefer peace.
It would also be nice if he considered why these so called "shit countries" are shit in the first place. For someone to be rich, someone else has to be poor.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
Quote by Eastwinn
i remain skeptical because i haven't bothered to look at the evidence. ain't nobody got time for that. todd, will, arby, dread, jackal et. al. are so predictable in threads like this that, which is fine, but it makes it hard for me to take their word. (inb4 "i don't expect you to take my word" yeah i know but it's nice to be able to let other people make decisions for you ya.)

maybe before you're so condescending you should seriously consider the arguments of those who would prefer peace.

I have never argued for or against any evidence. I simply state my opinion that the US should not get involved nor do I see anybody put forth any compelling reasons for us to do so.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by damian_91
It would also be nice if he considered why these so called "shit countries" are shit in the first place. For someone to be rich, someone else has to be poor.

Bwahahahaha.
Stuff it commie.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
I have never argued for or against any evidence. I simply state my opinion that the US should not get involved nor do I see anybody put forth any compelling reasons for us to do so.

we're in agreement, i merely included you on the list because you're old.
I don't think Assad did it. He's probably just losing control of his military, a lot of which are outsourced.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
Quote by Eastwinn

What peace are we seeing at the moment?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
TS also thinks 9/11 was an inside job so yeah.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Yes. He ain't a great guy. Don't forget how all this shit started. Some kids were killed over anti-Assad graffiti and then his police started murdering protesters.

It's just a shame that his opposition has fallen in with groups that are just as unsavory. There's no good guy in this conflict.
There is no way to peace; peace is the way.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
Quote by WCPhils
What peace are we seeing at the moment?

so poetic. you know what i meant.
Page 1 of 2