sean1784
lycra boy
1,334 IQ
Hey guys,

I've got the option to trade my 1982 JCM 800 2203 for a Hayden classic lead 80.

Does anyone have any experience with the Hayden and would you say its worth the trade?

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
No experience with that particular model, but I tried Hayden's Mofo 30 a while back & thought it was awesome.

Before you make your decision, check where it was made. Hayden moved their manufacturing to China from Britain a while back, and apparently the quality control on the Chinese ones is pretty poor, but the British ones are OK.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
isn't the 2203 the sought-after 800? if so, i'd hang onto it. Aside from which amp is better (i haven't tried the lead 80; i have a little petite 5 which is pretty nice, but it has a slightly unique tone), the marshall is gonna have better resale etc. If you really wanted to try the hayden you would likely get a better deal by selling the marshall separately and then buying the hayden...
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

sean1784
lycra boy
1,334 IQ
It is the "sought after" but they really don't sell as well as people think. Its handwired in Britain bassically the top flight haden amp.

Guitars:
Fender American Standard Strat 2009 Limited Edition
Ibanez Gak30

Amps
Jcm 800 2203 '82

Pedals:
John bull jr overdrive
Boss Equalizer GE-7
Boss TU-3
Boss CH1

My Band
http://www.myspace.com/hereliesnuggetband
FatalGear41
War Mastiff!!!
1,381 IQ
Quote by GaryBillington
No experience with that particular model, but I tried Hayden's Mofo 30 a while back & thought it was awesome.

Before you make your decision, check where it was made. Hayden moved their manufacturing to China from Britain a while back, and apparently the quality control on the Chinese ones is pretty poor, but the British ones are OK.

I tried the Hayden MoFo some time back, and thought the same thing. But I did not know they moved their production to China, so I would be cautious. Oddly, I have never seen a Hayden in L.A. that was not the MoFo. Hell; I wasn't sure they made anything else.
"Drinking is a skill and should be recognized as such!"

Quote by gregs1020
FatalGear41 knows the ways of the obscure. I hear it's just not with Gibsons. Beware, Halloween approaches...

Quote by Spaz91
DAMNIT FATALGEAR YOU RUINED MUH FLOW!
GaryBillington
Last of a Dyin' Breed
1,309 IQ
^ yeah, I know some are made in britain, some in china, you just have to check which is which. I think the older version of the mofo is british & the newer version is chinese, but not 100% sure so its worth checking before buying.
Gibson LP Traditional, LP Studio, SG Standard x2
Barber Tone Press > EHX Worm > TC Polytune > MXR Custom Badass 78 > EXH Glove > EHX East River Drive > Zoom G3 > TC Spark Mini Booster
Laney VC30
Marshall TSL602
Jet City JCA22H

My SoundCloud
Dave_Mc
Chirp and Swirl
2,967 IQ
i think some of the older mofo 30s were chinese, too. only the earliest mofo 30s were UK-made, as far as i'm aware.
Quote by classicrocker01
Only on UG would I say I got engaged and bought a jet city and get congratulated on the amp

trashedlostfdup
diet coke fiend.
13,436 IQ
Hold onto the jcm. They are getting harder to find and is and would sell for more.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.