I am looking to replace the square "ring" around my seymour duncan bridge pickup. It's been broken in one spot and my hand catches it sometimes when i'm playing. I've searched online to find a replacement but came with a couple different pieces. Don't know which one would be the correct one. Could anyone give me link to the correct part? Thanks in advance.
There a few different types. What guitar do you have? There are ones with curved bottom for les paul style guitars, flat bottom, and angled bottom (which fit guitars like gibson SGs with a neck angle).
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
There a few different types. What guitar do you have? There are ones with curved bottom for les paul style guitars, flat bottom, and angled bottom (which fit guitars like gibson SGs with a neck angle).

Yeah, this is it. Shop by what style guitar you have, & then remember the trim rings on most are different for the bridge & neck positions (the neck position ones are thinner/shorter in my experience).
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Riffhog for President

Quote by Cathbard
There's no point apologising for your feet smelling when there's a 300lb gorilla in the room taking a crap on the couch.

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A Who To Listen To List 2011
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
^Noo! You'd want flat bottom and same height for a Jackson Dinky. My jackson doesn't have a neck angle. You don't want staggered height.

This'll do it:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Plastic_Mounting_Rings_For_Humbucking_Pickups.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=2233
"Air created the greenness. And once you've got something, that leads to otherness." - Karl Pilkington.
Quote by Lavatain
^Noo! You'd want flat bottom and same height for a Jackson Dinky. My jackson doesn't have a neck angle. You don't want staggered height.

This'll do it:
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Hardware,_parts/Electric_guitar:_Covers_plates/Plastic_Mounting_Rings_For_Humbucking_Pickups.html?actn=100101&xst=3&xsr=2233

Ok, there are 2 different types on that page. Have any idea which one would be better for a jackson guitar?

Also how hard is it to change these with the pickup already in the guitar and wired up?
I think I bought the tall and small one from here for my jackson and I found that the large one was too tall. I had to file and sand it down. Took a long time. I recommend getting the shorter one.

You'll have to remove the strings to change it. The springs they put on pickup rings to hold the pickups' screws in place are incredibly fiddly and near impossible to put together with strings in the way. Just do a normal string change and whilst you have all the strings off change the ring.
Quote by Lavatain
I think I bought the tall and small one from here for my jackson and I found that the large one was too tall. I had to file and sand it down. Took a long time. I recommend getting the shorter one.

You'll have to remove the strings to change it. The springs they put on pickup rings to hold the pickups' screws in place are incredibly fiddly and near impossible to put together with strings in the way. Just do a normal string change and whilst you have all the strings off change the ring.

k, thanks man.