Was just looking for a distortion pedal for my AC30.

I'm looking for something with the ability for that modern pop-punk sound ala bands like All Time Low. I'm pretty sure this modern tone is a scooped-mids toonebut I'm not entirely sure.

Budget, about $150-200. Considering a Crunchbox 2 or RAT. But isn't the RAT more of an OD?

Down in Melbourne, Australia

EDIT: If that pop-punk sound is scooped mids, then maybe something with a presence/mid control?

Cheers!
Quote by greeny23
i shake the walls of my bedroom. with mah dick.
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain
hey, be nice to the hipster.
I hear they use false bypass switches.

It's, like, so ironic.
Last edited by Volcz at Sep 15, 2013,
Zvex Distortron....or Box of Rock....both are based on a Marshall on 10 kind of sound
Fender MiM Strat
Fender MiM Tele
Gretsch Pro Jet
Blackstar HT40
Vox AC15
I know all time low doesn't seem to use pedals, I think their sound comes from a cranked Dual Rectifier, JCM 900 and Egnatar Veagenance's.
Quote by greeny23
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain

It's, like, so ironic.
rat is more distortion/fuzz. there's a mod which takes it to OD territory.

check out the mxr super badass. they've got them at cranny music i think. sounds pretty excellent. i would've offered up my weehbo bastard had you asked two weeks ago.
Are you looking at boosting your Vox, or running your Vox clean and getting all the distortion from a pedal? Vox AC30's have the kind of tone that gives a decent punk-pop tone on it's own. However the more modern punk-pop (like you listened) might be a little too modern for an AC30. Have you tried cranking the amp and seeing how close it gets you to the tone you want?
RG351DX - Bridge Dragonfire Screamer, Mid+Neck Fender Hot Noiseless
Peavey Valveking 112 - Eminence GB128
AMT E1 > Joyo AC Tone > Dan'o EQ > Shimverb > Digidelay
Quote by tas38
Are you looking at boosting your Vox, or running your Vox clean and getting all the distortion from a pedal? Vox AC30's have the kind of tone that gives a decent punk-pop tone on it's own. However the more modern punk-pop (like you listened) might be a little too modern for an AC30. Have you tried cranking the amp and seeing how close it gets you to the tone you want?

Yeah Blink 182 and the more classic punk tones are really easy to achieve by cranking the AC30, but getting the modern tones are pretty difficult.

I'm looking to run it with my Vox being clean with the distortion entirely from the pedal.
Quote by greeny23
Quote by Eppicurt
Quote by NakedInTheRain

It's, like, so ironic.
Quote by NakedInTheRain
rat is more distortion/fuzz.

+1

it'll do od with the gain down low, but yeah it's a distortion, a fuzzy one at that with the gain knob much about 12 o'clock.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?