Nostalgia is a very powerful feeling in humans, it must be to make us go out of our way to relive trivial or outdated experiences in our lives. Any of the 20,000,000 "LIKE THIS IF YOU'RE A 90'S KID" pages on facebook would show you that.

That said, what are some of the things from when you were younger that you've gone out of your way to revisit, and if there are any interesting stories attached to those experiences feel free to share them.

I picked up Pokemon in early high school after not playing for about 6-7 years, and now it is again my favorite game series. Not all that nostalgic, but whatever.

And today, after nursing like a 9/10 hangover I made myself a heaping bowl of Spaghetti-O's, which I legitimately hadn't had since I was like 8. Now, they may not be the greatest food on earth, but the combo of me being starving after my hangover subsided and them being $1 a can as a starving college student is going to make them a new staple in my grocery shopping. I'm not sure what the general opinion of them is, but holy shit they were delicious to me.
i tried watching digimon and beyblade a month ago. the cringe was too much.

this guy is the reason i turned beyblade off

Quote by Trowzaa

what even is that

and all I know of beyblade is that there were these cool spinning top things and you could get this bowl thing to make spin them in and I never had any of those toys
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by Trowzaa
i tried watching digimon and beyblade a month ago. the cringe was too much.

this guy is the reason i turned beyblade off

I had mac n cheese for the first time since I was in elementary school 2 weeks ago and it was amazing.

I nostalgia hard on old movies and video games. I play them to make me feel better about my adult life sucking.
I had a lunchable the other day and watched the 90s are All That on TV, it was somewhat nostalgic, then I watched some Dragon Ball Z on my computer and felt it even more so.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
I sometimes pull out some old video games. Metal Gear and Final Fantasy really remind me of when I was back in school and those where the 2 games my group of friends used to play the most, competing with who could complete them the fastest or who could complete it with the lowest stats...simpler times...

Occasionally I'll stick on an anime like Dragonball and just enjoy every freakin' minute of it...until it get's to bed time and I have to get up in the morning for stupid work...

Being an adult sucks...
When I was eleven I broke the patio window and my mother sued me... She's always been a very aggressive litigator.
Quote by DukeDeRox
I had mac n cheese for the first time since I was in elementary school 2 weeks ago and it was amazing.

Dude I have mac n cheese like twice a week now that I'm in college (especially since it's cheap as hell and easy), I don't know how you can resist that creamy goodness.

The only thing I don't like about it is that I hate leftover mac and nobody else in my apartment eats it. So if I make a box I have to eat the whole thing right away and feel like a fatty or throw a shit ton of perfectly good food away.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Dude I have mac n cheese like twice a week now that I'm in college (especially since it's cheap as hell and easy), I don't know how you can resist that creamy goodness.

The only thing I don't like about it is that I hate leftover mac and nobody else in my apartment eats it. So if I make a box I have to eat the whole thing right away and feel like a fatty or throw a shit ton of perfectly good food away.

You should get the single serve cups when they're on sale. Sometimes I get them 2 for $1.

Spaghetti-O's remind me of bad things.

And I agree with the majority that video games and movies do it for me when it comes to nostalgia.

If I really do want to feel nostalgic then I would want to visit my old house with all the trees and pick fruit from it. Then I would pick some meyer lemon leaves and boil them to make myself the most delicious tea ever. I miss that tree and house.
Quote by Andrea55
You should get the single serve cups when they're on sale. Sometimes I get them 2 for $1.

Spaghetti-O's remind me of bad things.

Easy mac is okay, but doesn't have nearly the quality or variety of full box. And it's usually not on sale

Spaghetti-O's are ****ing horrible for you but they're so delicious and at $1 a can it's hard not to justify buying them.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
Easy mac is okay, but doesn't have nearly the quality or variety of full box. And it's usually not on sale

Spaghetti-O's are ****ing horrible for you but they're so delicious and at $1 a can it's hard not to justify buying them.

Darn that sucks. I had a triple cheese one and it was so good. I can't find it again.

I like Chef Boyardee lasagna better.
i hooked my ps2 and played socom 3 a few days ago. major nostalgia trip.
needless to say, i sold my ps2 and all games shortly thereafter.

(and downloaded pcsx2 along with socom )
You dirty piece of shit, you.

Quote by FireFromTheVoid
I smoked weed with my mom once.
It was the weirdest moment of my life, and I`ve been caught with my dick in my hand, by my brother, with a giant close up of a dudes face on the tv.

Twatter
Quote by Andrea55
Darn that sucks. I had a triple cheese one and it was so good. I can't find it again.

I like Chef Boyardee lasagna better.

I was just thinking I should try Chef Boyardee again

I loved the ravioli as a kid
These things:

used to eat these all the time as a child and then I just suddenly stopped. My night class has a table with little snacks and things outside and they had these last week so I scooped up like 30 in a plastic cup for later

I went on Neopets the other day
cat
Quote by DukeDeRox

r u 5 rel

u havent had mac n chez sins elemetry scol
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
I tried to play Runescape once last year but they changed a ton and I'm not 12 anymore. It gets pretty hard to look past the shitty aspects of the game when you grow up.
I listened to Bullet for My Valentine a few months ago and it was complete and utter shit.
Quote by Rockford_rocks
I tried to play Runescape once last year but they changed a ton and I'm not 12 anymore. It gets pretty hard to look past the shitty aspects of the game when you grow up.

Yeah, I tried runescape too but it sucks now

That's the good thing about Neopets, they added a lot of new stuff but you can still do what you used to do. I was so anal about collecting my bank interest every day at midnight Neopets time
cat
i see the house i grew up in about once a year.

the piece of shit landlord turned it and the surrounding properties into a slum years ago.
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
I don't really get nostalgic. I've tried going back to the toys/games/movies/shows I watched as a kid and realized that most of that stuff sucks, and the stuff that doesn't suck I end up revisiting every 2 or 3 years anyway. It's rare that I find something from my childhood that is really worth remembering.
Quote by MakinLattes
I'd kill you and wear your skin.
Quote by Siv During Livh
To attempt to have intercourse with a hornet's nest is a very bad idea,

Voted UG's worst cross dresser.
Also voted #95 on UG's Top 100 2013. Like it means anything....
I get nostalgia when I go to places that I went to as a kid.
Not for games and stuff cause i've pretty much played the same types of games.
Watching shows I liked as a kid is not interesting.
Everybody keeps going on about seeing houses they grew up in..... Odds are, I'm never going to see any of the 4 I grew up in. Ever.

;_;

However, I am trying to pick up a copy of Pikmin and replay it. Just looking at the cover of the case (Which I still have, the disc went missing) makes me nostalgia hard.
Minecraft: Sonic
League of Legends: CinoSRelliK

Currently Playing/listening to/Reading:

Kerbal Space Program,
Binding of Isaac
Opeth - Orchid
S. by Doug Dorst
The Martian by Andy Weir
It's kinda funny, when I was a kid, all 5th graders go to a camp in the woods for 3 days. We went, and when we showered, we used Lever 2000 soap. My family never used it because we were a Dove family.

The other day, I was in the supermarket, and Lever 2000 is a little cheaper than the other bar soaps, so I got some. As I was showering today, I used the Lever 2000 on my wash cloth (that's right, a wash clothe. I know you white people just go straight up bar to body), and when I smelt it, that smell just put me back in camp at the age of 10 for a split second.

As a kid, I hated camp. It was cold, boring, etc. But smells are very strong for nostalgia. And one thing that's nice is that whenever you go on a trip or vacation, no matter how much you didn't enjoy it, the mind has a way of filtering out all of the annoying parts and leaving you with the memories you really cared about.
Quote by Rockford_rocks

Yeah.

I really want to like it and play it again but it's actually shithouse... I don't know if it's because I'm much more critical now or they really did just ruin it.
West Ham United
Runescape was always a pretty crap game to be honest.

my biggest memories from it include putting about an hour into it once and thinking "i might actually play this long-term" then i spent all my gold to go to some island and got stranded there because the town on the island was behind a pay wall.

then there was this other time i went on a Canadian (i think) server and got kicked for saying "I am an American"
mugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmugmug
Quote by King Donkey
Yeah.

I really want to like it and play it again but it's actually shithouse... I don't know if it's because I'm much more critical now or they really did just ruin it.

Same here. I think it's both...
Quote by DarkLiquor
I like you. Compassionate and strong. Glad theres people like you.

"What is the best kind of slave to have? One who does not realize they are a slave"
Wake up people!
Quote by shelovemyguitar
Same here. I think it's both...

I'm guessing you've got on it recently too? I feel like the biggest problem is that they've driven it so far into the ground that I can't even play it for nostalgia value anymore. If the game from maybe 2010 or 2011 was still there I'd find it at the very least manageable. Now I think they're pushing a subscription-based '07 Runescape which starts you with a new account from what I heard, so that's not an option.
West Ham United