Wanted one forever and finally just said screw it, and pulled the trigger on this fully loaded, mint condition (minus fingerprints) used one that popped up at a great price. Good photos coming when it arrives, but for now...

I'm a JP owner already (BFR Koa) and although I've never played a JP7, I'm hoping it'll be a semi-comfortable transition. Really into the unpainted neck on this one as well. Now, the wait begins...
Custom guitars, vintage amps, boutique pedals. Blah, blah, blah.
damn dude. congrats. i am NOT a fan of rocking other peoples signature guitars, but if i had to have one, the JP models are SICK. easily some of the best mass produced guitars made today.

i especially like the electronics. switching, pots, switches. all are of the highest quality. i feel like hardware and electronics are often overlooked. when it comes down to the player actually USING the guitar, that stuff is most important aside from playability.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
I'm exactly like you...I'm more or less categorically against signature guitars. My Koa BFR Petrucci (and now this one) are the only sigs I have. I can't deny it, EBMM makes an incredible guitar. Not going to let JPs name get in the way of my enjoying it.
The fingerprints just ruin it, IMHO.

Looks like it has some sexy curves!
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Quote by dannyalcatraz
The fingerprints just ruin it, IMHO.

Looks like it has some sexy curves!

Yeah, I tried asking for 50% off for the fingerprints but they weren't having it for some reason
Quote by ikey_
damn dude. congrats. i am NOT a fan of rocking other peoples signature guitars, but if i had to have one, the JP models are SICK. easily some of the best mass produced guitars made today.

i especially like the electronics. switching, pots, switches. all are of the highest quality. i feel like hardware and electronics are often overlooked. when it comes down to the player actually USING the guitar, that stuff is most important aside from playability.

As far as I care the difference between a JP sig and something like an Angus Young SG is that the JP has JP only parts on it.

HNGD, BTW!
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
As far as I'm concerned those Music-Man unfinished necks are the pinnacle of human achievement. Things can only go downhill from here. Treasure this relic, oh chosen one

/] 三方 [\
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
But the question is , Does it Djent? hahaha, its awesome man i love the color

M-Audio Fastrack + Pod Farm

Korg Pitchblack
Boss ME25
Maxon OD808
Fame T120H
Framus 1x12 G12t100 Cab
very true! i love those knobs (are those only on the JP model?) and the bridge. i dont really like floyds for the excess works that they require, but the JP bridge seems to be the perfect mix. it is also very CLEAN looking. i wish JP bridges were licensed out and could be used on other guitars.

shwilly - try a carvin! (well try can be hard with car vin since they arent sold in stores). i just got mine with an unpainted neck and its just like a EBMM!. in fact, ernie balls are the reason i wanted my carvin with a tung oiled neck. its just better.

i agree that PRS is fantastic, and definitely has better pups, wiring, etc. however, i pick up a 4000-6000 PRS and hold the tacky (feel) painted neck and then an EBMM or my carvin, man, it just doesnt compare.
Carvin CT624
Walden G630ce Acoustic
Carvin V3M, Avatar 2x12 WGS Reaper, vet 30
(crybaby, Fairfield circuitry Comp, GFS tuner, Vick Audio 73 Ram's Head, Xotic AC booster, lovepedal trem, TC Flashback, PGS Trinity Reverb, Walrus Audio Aetos power)
Last edited by ikey_ at Sep 16, 2013,
Even though that's my least favourite JP colour (Strongly dislike the chameleon flipflop), im super jelly. I will have one of these things one day. Congrats dude
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
nice
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Geez, the back of that thing has as much coverplate acreage as it does painted surface. I'm assuming a piezo bridge (thus the battery box and the pair of outputs)?
Please follow the NGD rules. Make a real NGD thread when you actually get the guitar in your hands. Reported
Nice guitar BTW

Anytime anyone around here makes one of these threads of a higher end guitar they never get shut down, warned or anything. Anytime it's an average or low end guitar it's shut down almost immediately. We all have to play by the same rules guys. This double standard crap is getting old.
Quote by dspellman
Geez, the back of that thing has as much coverplate acreage as it does painted surface. I'm assuming a piezo bridge (thus the battery box and the pair of outputs)?

Yep, fully loaded. Piezo with two outputs. Same as my Ball Family Reserve Koa JP.

Quote by Way Cool JR.
Please follow the NGD rules. Make a real NGD thread when you actually get the guitar in your hands. Reported
Nice guitar BTW

Anytime anyone around here makes one of these threads of a higher end guitar they never get shut down, warned or anything. Anytime it's an average or low end guitar it's shut down almost immediately. We all have to play by the same rules guys. This double standard crap is getting old.

Wow, really? I can't post pictures and elicit opinions (re: comfort level due to the 7 string neck vs the 6 string JP, etc) because the guitar arrives tomorrow?
Last edited by CustomAxe at Sep 16, 2013,
Quote by CustomAxe
Yep, fully loaded. Piezo with two outputs. Same as my Ball Family Reserve Koa JP.

Wow, really? I can't post pictures and elicit opinions (re: comfort level due to the 7 string neck vs the 6 string JP, etc) because the guitar arrives tomorrow?

You have to actually have the guitar post a review , pictures or a video review. No look what I got coming in the mail NGD threads. That's the rules man, I didn't make them.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Sep 16, 2013,
Alrighty. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

To the real mods, if this is against the rules please feel free to remove it, and ill repost once the guitar is here.
Last edited by CustomAxe at Sep 16, 2013,
Quote by CustomAxe
Alrighty. Sorry I hurt your feelings.

To the real mods, if this is against the rules please feel free to remove it, and ill repost once the guitar is here.
You didn't hurt my feelings at all man. I don't completely agree with the NGD thread rules anyways. Hell I don't even make new gear day threads lol. It's only fair to everyone else that's had their same type of threads locked. And I'm not trying to be a Mod, we are all allowed to point these things out. Sorry if I sound like an ass I don't mean to. If i'm out of line I'm sorry. I just can't stand double standards going on around me and not saying anything about it. None of that in the second part of my first post was aimed at you at all BTW lol.
Last edited by Way Cool JR. at Sep 16, 2013,