Hi, I am a guitar player and I'd like to learn to play for every major chord the relative major pentatonic scale and for every minor chord the relative minor pentatonic scale, so that I can change continuously scale and make my guitar style more interesting. The question is: What it is the best way to know all the pentatonic scales all around the fingerboard and what is the best way to mix both the scales together? Besides, what is a good way to be always be aware of what note you are playing (and, as a consequence, what interval is with the root note)?

Thank you very much
Practise. A lot.

However, I'd recommend you don't become reliant on playing by patterns: simultaneously learning the notes, modes if possible etc.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
But what I wanted to ask was: how should I practice? What kind of exercises?

Thank you
practise the shapes? learn what notes you're playing in each shape, understand how they can be moved around the fretboard etc
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Learn their sound and use your ear. Learn what scale degrees you are playing (the interval between the note you are playing and the root of the scale). A minor third always sounds like a minor third.

I think it's good to understand how to build the scale.
Quote by AlanHB
Just remember that there are no boring scales, just boring players.

Gear

Bach Stradivarius 37G
Charvel So Cal
Fender Dimension Bass
Hartke HyDrive 210c
Ibanez BL70
Laney VC30
Tokai TB48
Yamaha FG720S-12
Yamaha P115
Learning the fretboard and the intervals of the pentatonic scales (both major and minor).

Here is an article on how to do the former.
1) learn how to construct the major scale
2) learn the fretboard by practicing all the major scales ( as 3 note per string, 4 note per string, CAGED shapes, etc)
3) learn how to construct pentatonic scales
4) practice all the pentatonic scales.

Once you really know the fretboard, what these scales sound like, and how to make them, it's mostly a matter of evoking that sound rather than playing a pattern.
lots of good advice here about how to learn these scales, and it certainly is important to do this. Also, if your real goal is to make your playing more interesting, there maybe a danger that just playing around on scales because you know they fit could lead to a getting you in a rut. Sometimes it's good to forget about using the right scale, and try to sing or imagine a line which you find interesting over your chords, then playing that. Yeah you'll probably find it fits into one of your scale shapes, but this way you dictate the melody rather than the melody being dictated by something that happens to lend itself to that particular scale shape. Brian May is big on this.
Learn the entire scale from low E string to high E string in one key. Learn where all the notes are on the each fret on the low E and A strings as your starting point. Then you need to learn to recognize what key the progression you'll be soloing over is in (note this can be different than the key of the actual song. For example Time to Kill by The Band is in the key of A, but the solo modulates to the key of D). Once you find out the progression is in say A minor, find the A on the low E string at the 5th fret. Begin your practice.

To switch to major pentatonic know your relative minors. Then play the minor pentatonic scale from it's relative major tonic to it's octave. Visually, play an A minor pentatonic scale from C to C and there's your C major pentatonic.