Page 1 of 3
Pretty grim. Don't understand why people do this shit.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Jesus Christ

Quote by Eastwinn
so that's why my girlfriend hasn't texted me back

Jesus Christ
Quote by Trowzaa
I wish I was American.

~ A Rolling Potato Gathers No Moss ~
I'm so desensitised to these things now. Unless it's something exceptionally extraordinary, this will probably just wash over me.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez
I'm so desensitised to these things now. Unless it's something exceptionally extraordinary, this will probably just wash over me.
Same here if I'm briefly flicking past but once you really think about it it can kinda hit you.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Same here. Shootings usually don't affect me in any way.
Fucking hell.

Will be interesting to see who it is and why they've done it. That page says it's unlikely anyone from outside of the facility would have gotten in, so I guess someone's just lost it and gone on a mad one.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Same

Besides, we all know it was staged by Obummer to take our guns
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
The Navy Yard is a military base. You don't get anywhere even near that without a military ID and and a DoD sticker on your car when you go through the gate (a gate with armed guards)

So the chances of this being someone from the outside is pretty slim. Also adding the fact that he apparently had a rifle with him too... I'd be willing to bet this guys was military stationed on the base that stole the weapons from the armory.

And to clarify, the ONLY people allowed to have weapons on a military base are Military Police. That's it. Everything else is locked up in a vault in the bases armory.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
So I watched that corny actoin film White House Down last night, and I see this on the news today and it's kinda scary
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
It's just a shitty day all-round. First there were a few pedestrians that got shot in Time Square in New York City during a police chase......now this?
Last edited by bdof at Sep 16, 2013,
Joan Solely BBC News, Pentagon tweets: Reports on the ground now seem in agreement, 2 shooters - both considered to be 'contained' at this time @BBCNewsUS #NavyYardShooting
#BREAKING: 4 killed and 8 injured. One shooter down #NavyYardShooting #Navy #CNICHQ

Director of public affairs twitter.
Quote by Johnny_Ibanez

Quote by whoomit
Same here. Shootings usually don't affect me in any way.

Quote by Gibson_SG_uzr55
Same

Go somewhere else and post some lolcats, then. Be a waste of space somewhere people aren't deeply concerned over the loss of human life.
OBEY THE MIGHTY SHITKICKER
Quote by JustRooster
Go somewhere else and post some lolcats, then. Be a waste of space somewhere people aren't deeply concerned over the loss of human life.

trite. their comments are as worthy as yours.
****ing hell. This has just become so commonplace that I just accept it now. Nothing will ever be done about, and I don't even know if anything can be done. It's becoming an inevitable part of society, but then again, senseless violence always has been a part of humanity.
... For A Pair Of Brown Eyes

Quote by Bladez22
smoke, you get more awesome by the minute..... You have an epic beard, live near woods, listen to metal, grill stuff using makeshift bbqs out of old cans, and now we find out you have stabbed someone in the dick
Quote by Eastwinn
trite. their comments are as worthy as yours.

No, they're stupid suburban kids who think they're above the rest of the population. People died. People got shot. And they're passing it off.
Quote by JustRooster

This isn't the place to start, is it?
Well this is bad. EDIT: Can of worms closed.
Last edited by JoeSaunders at Sep 16, 2013,
Quote by whoomit
This isn't the place to start, is it?

Don't make this thread a debate over the commonplace of shootings or about gun control. This thread needs to be about updates of the shootings and it's victims. Let's keep it there. Some of us are here because we might give a shit.
Quote by JoeSaunders
Well this is bad. Not trying to sound insensitive, but did this sort of thing always happen this regularly in the US? Serious question, given the recent shit that's gone on. I may unintentionally be unwormcanning.

You stop it. Seriously. See my above post.
Quote by JustRooster
No, they're stupid suburban kids who think they're above the rest of the population. People died. People got shot. And they're passing it off.

i don't think they believe they're above the rest. in fact they probably feel constantly awkward ( <=> stupid suburban kid) that they can't empathize with this (n+1)th shooting. it's not their fault they're isolated from violence, poverty, etc (cause this extends beyond the particular topic of the thread). it speaks a lot about our culture really, which is why i think it's worthy. if you disagree that's too bad cause i gotta go to school
Quote by Eastwinn
i don't think they believe they're above the rest. in fact they probably feel constantly awkward ( <=> stupid suburban kid) that they can't empathize with this (n+1)th shooting. it's not their fault they're isolated from violence, poverty, etc (cause this extends beyond the particular topic of the thread). it speaks a lot about our culture really, which is why i think it's worthy. if you disagree that's too bad cause i gotta go to school

Eastwinn. You're probably correct.
Quote by JustRooster
You stop it. Seriously. See my above post.

Fair enough actually. Post edited to reflect your point.
You lot bitching between yourselves should just fuck off

1559: ABC say they have two sources saying that the gunman is dead at the scene - he is reported to be a 50-year-old Navy employee - whose "employment status was recently changed". They have no confirmation of a second shooter.
Well the other issue is, as they've said, that it's reported so often that to the outside viewer it just becomes "another shooting"

However it's always tragic once you actually pay it some thought.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
Last edited by Banjocal at Sep 16, 2013,
Quote by Eastwinn

Well one of them is from Manchester (no violence or poverty there) and another other outside Aberdeen, so they're not 'sub-urban'.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Last edited by Hydra150 at Sep 16, 2013,
Quote by sam b
guns

People using and shooting guns, not just guns.
A bassist is never late, nor is he early, he arrives precisely when he means to.

The Pit operates under a pseudo-Murphy’s Law state of mind. You can make a comment and "whatever wrong assumption that can be made about it, will be made about it."
That is terrible. I wonder if it was a vet who just couldn't deal with stuff anymore. A couple of my vet friends get really antsy or worse from fireworks.

Maybe this will start a conversation on taking care of our veterans' mental health. As ****ed as our politicians are, surely everyone can get behind that. We can't control random crazies but soldiers with mental problems should be given help after all they've done.
Quote by Fat Lard
Why would you spend tens of thousands of dollars to learn about a language you already speak? It was over before it even started dude

Quote by captainsnazz
brot pls
Quote by JustRooster

My post was a cutting commentary on media over-saturation and sensationalism leading to observer apathy. It was totally justified and relevant.

They're looking for two other gunmen now, one confirmed dead

One police officer shot in legs, being treated now. Two other women injured. "Multiple victims deceased"
Last edited by sam b at Sep 16, 2013,
Quote by BladeSlinger
That is terrible. I wonder if it was a vet who just couldn't deal with stuff anymore. A couple of my vet friends get really antsy or worse from fireworks.

Maybe this will start a conversation on taking care of our veterans' mental health. As ****ed as our politicians are, surely everyone can get behind that. We can't control random crazies but soldiers with mental problems should be given help after all they've done.

That's my bet too. Like I said before, you can't even get close to a base without a military ID and proper security clearance. That pretty much rules out this being someone who wasn't military or a DoD contractor on base. Reminds me of the Fort Hood shooting.
Quote by strat0blaster
This is terrible advice. Even worse than the useless dry, sarcastic comment I made.

Quote by Cathbard
I'm too old for the Jim Morrison look now. When I was gigging I had a fine arse.
Quote by JustRooster
Don't make this thread a debate over the commonplace of shootings or about gun control. This thread needs to be about updates of the shootings and it's victims. Let's keep it there. Some of us are here because we might give a shit.

I didn't (and never planned to) do any of that.
Page 1 of 3