20 29%
not at all
26 38%
dude what the **** is wrong with you
11 16%
wwf pls
12 17%
Voters: 69.
...when you come across a fly that is dying?

I don't know why, because I've swatted more than my fair share of flies living in a rural house for most of my life, but whenever I come across a fly that is dying for some reason that I had nothing to do with I kinda get a little bit sad

Poll incoming
I remember once, whacking a fly. angry, annoyed. had been buzzing round and landing on things for a while.

It dropped. but continued to buzz pathetically on the floor, barely able to move, but trying to.
and i felt bad.

acted quickly, and put it out of its misery.
but still felt bad.
'Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful'
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
I laugh at it's pain as i slowly press down on it's body, watching it flail around, desperately trying to escape.
ayy lmao
there was this little fly type thing, tiny, on the windowsill of the bus I was on
it kept jumping at the window, thinking it would be able to get through
it obviously wasn't able to fly
I tried to get it on my finger so I could carry it outside as I approached my stop
but I dropped it, and it likely died
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
Quote by whywefight
totally worth it for turtle sustenance

But I probably should have voted the first option cause some nights I think, what if I were a fly? I would be scared of people swatting at me and shooing me away since all I want to do is eat their food or trash. Then I get really sad when I think about flies or bugs who get caught in a spider web and then get sucked to death by the spider, like it would really hurt for my insides to melt while I'm wrapped in a web with nowhere to run and just be a burrito for the spider. I don't want to be a fly.
I was the type of kid who would pull wings and legs off of flies. Only once did I manage to pull all the wings and legs off the fly before it died. After that I got bored and washed it down the drain of the sink.
I've never actually caught a fly dying. Don't get a whole lot.

I do feel bad for harmless ants. Sometimes. Only if those little dicks deserve it.

No pity for cockroaches though, and I get plenty of those.
Well I kind of understand bugs coming inside because it's safer than the wild, and there is a storage of food. But why do they keep buzzing around flying into my ear and getting near me. They are basically asking for it, so no I don't feel bad at all.

Tips for flies
Come inside, and stay away from me. You can eat my trash, not my food I'm eating. And stop buzzing around so much for pete's sake.
Not at all I kill them all the time at work. I hate flys. Nothing is more annoying. They down have feelings anyway so why feel bad if they can't even feel?
Quote by TheGreatTarp

Tips for flies
Come inside, and stay away from me. You can eat my trash, not my food I'm eating. And stop buzzing around so much for pete's sake.

I really wish they had some common courtesy.
But boys will be boys and girls have those eyes
that'll cut you to ribbons, sometimes
and all you can do is just wait by the moon
and bleed if it's what she says you ought to do
I fucking hate flies.
I grew up on a horse ranch (technically a large boarding stables).
I used to kill those bastards with WD-40 and a lighter.

Quote by metal4eva_22
I was the type of kid who would pull wings and legs off of flies. Only once did I manage to pull all the wings and legs off the fly before it died. After that I got bored and washed it down the drain of the sink.

I used to do that too. Just the wings though.
And then throw them into a spider web.
Last edited by CodeMonk at Sep 17, 2013,
Quote by CodeMonk
I fucking hate flies.
I grew up on a horse ranch (technically a large boarding stables).
I used to kill those bastards with WD-40 and a lighter.

ha

i used to use wd40 and a napkin

i should've taken it another level
Quote by whywefight
ha

i used to use wd40 and a napkin

i should've taken it another level

Its a miracle I didn't burn the ranch down with all the times I did that.
No because flies are shit talkers.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
i euthanize them. they're a hard stick but eventually the iv goes in.

yfw flies don't have veins.
ugh I hate flies with a passion. I hate them more than spiders.

Spiders just kind of mind their own business, and they're easy to kill. But flies have to ****ing buzz all over the place and try to land on my food with their nasty ass feet things.

I actually let some less creepy spiders in my house live because I know they'll eat the bastards.
I'm gonna suffer for the rest of my life

But I will always find a way to survive
Last edited by StopReadingThis at Sep 17, 2013,
flies, no. because while I don't usually give a shit about them, they have this annoying habit of buzzing all in my view when I'm trying to chill with a movie or a game, so I laugh while they struggle and die on the fly paper I put up. same thing with moths, but with the added annoyance that they like to ruin my expensive wool clothes, though they ignore the cashmere (thankfully)
O.K.

“There's never enough time to do all the nothing you want.”
~ Bill Watterson

O__o
I teared up while reading this thread so yes. I want everyone to be happy including flies
cat
I legitimately get sad (not full of shit). Not terribly, but sometimes it will effect my mood for a good thirty minutes or so if I'm already sad (and it always makes me a little sad regardless). I go out of my way to not kill anything as much as possible.

Edit: Okay thirty minutes was an exaggeration (unless I violently kill a cockroach in a fit of fear because that brings out my animistic side, sending me into a contemplative mood, not to mention I I just killed something because of my unjustified fears, or that it's a pest. I haven't deliberately killed a bug in years though).
Last edited by slipknot5678 at Sep 17, 2013,
Have to put it out of it's misery

Quote by lambofgod127
btw im in hs and im almost 18 so if u do think she was flirting with me dont say that its wrong im almost a grown man.

༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽ WE ARE ROB ༼ ▀̿Ĺ̯▀̿ ̿ ༽
WWF, remember when we first connected in Mafia. We be cold killas. And if we ain't, we die trying.
BOOM-SHAKALAKALAKA-BOOM-SHAKALAKUNGA
I leave my window open to give it the opportunity to leave before it annoys me enough that I just want to kill it.

You know, for how long humans have been on this earth and how easily we can kill them with a bottle of Raid, you'd think they'd know better than to keep annoying us.
Quote by Andrea55
I feed them to my turtle.

This is a good excuse.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 17, 2013,
i exterminate them with fly killing spray. failing that a tea towel flick.
just that one time.
'Religion is regarded by the common people as true, by the wise as false, and by rulers as useful'
- Lucius Annaeus Seneca
I do feel bad if I see it dying and after I kill one thats annoying the hell outta me.

But if I see a spiderweb near by, I try to toss it into the web for Mr. Spider
Please call me Rainer, was 16 and empty minded when I made my profile.

Sometimes I talk to myself too...but never on the internet.
Quote by progdude93
Everyone who voted yes is full of shit.

Oh no other people have stronger empathy than you, impossible

I mean I don't see it often but I put them out of their misery when I do. Like if I'm trying to get rid of a bug I gotta kill it, not leave it limping along.
Quote by Sliide90027
But as a bigoted lemming, you have so cry an Alinslyite slur revealing you lack of reason and sense.

Quote by MusicLord16
BOB 1. ur 20 and two u like evil things and idk if u worship the devil
I hate feeling sorry for animals, because I like to think of myself as one of those animal-hating people.
Quote by neidnarb11890
the chinese take-out place my family always ordered from gave you chopsticks, so as a kid it was fun to try & eat with chopsticks
now i just use a fork, 'cuz nothing is fun anymore & i just want to shovel food into my mouth to fill the void
If evolution wasn't just a theory, flies wouldn't be such a nuisance. And would stop flying into windows.