Hey everyone,
So I put up my 2010 or 2011 Carvin V3 halfstack up on craigslist a while back and haven't gotten the best offers but I got one today that caught my attention. The guy wants to trade his Mesa Triple Rec (3 channel) head without a footswitch for it. Mine is the whole halfstack with the footswitch but his is a higher value. The reason I'm leaning towards it is because I'm selling/trading my Carvin because I upgraded my gear. So I'd probably turn around and flip the Mesa for a profit hopefully. I feel that the Mesa would be more appealing because the bigger name and worth more. I could also sell it to a store or put it in on consignment without it taking up too much room in their store. Sorry this is so long. Now.... Your thoughts? I've had the Carvin up a while and haven't gotten a whole lot of bites. Thanks

- Joe
Have you done a search to see how much the triple rec goes for in your area... and how frequently are they traded?
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Carvins usually have terrible resale value. Great guitars and amps, but crap resale, which is okay if you like it enough not to sell it.

Grab the triple, and if you don't like it, sell it and pick up another V3 for way cheaper, either way you profit.
Peavey 5150
Mesa Mark IV
Mesa Single Rectifier (Series 1)
Fender Custom Shop Tonemaster
Roland Microcube

-Whitebox OS 1x12
-Port City OS 1x12

Digidesign Eleven RackAxe Fx Ultra
I know the resale is horrible that's why I'm thinkin of takin the deal. I check Craigslist musical instruments every day for gear and do not see many Mesa Triple Recs so that research would be pretty hard. Haha. But it's value and name would help me sell faster than the Carvin.
Go for it, buy a footswitch from Mesa, flip it for profit. If there aren't a ton of Mesas in your area that means that 1. they sell fast and/or 2. the market isn't saturated and SHOULD be easier to sell (theoretically).
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Also try it out, make sure it works. Obviously.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals