hi everyone

im after some advive on these 3 amps

Marshall valvestate vs30r ??

Peavey envoy 110 ??

Randall rg40r ??

i play rock to some metal n few blues ( i just play at home no gigs)

i would like advice on which one to choose

CHEERS
Neither, get a Peavey Vypyr if you can

Epiphone Wilshire
Orange Rocker 30
Harley Benton 212 (w/Greenbacks)
Ernie Ball Vp jr
Swollen Pickle fuzz
Maxon OD808
Danelectro Vibe
Line 6 Tap Tremolo
Line 6 Verbzilla
EH Memory Man Hazarai
Boss RC20XL

Last.fm
Check out my band haze
Budget? - $200

Genres? - acdc iron maiden metellica blues licks

New or Used? - used

Home or Gig? - home

Closest City? - australia

Current Gear? - ephiphone special sg
Peavey Vypyr 30, or used tube 60 if you find a good deal.

I have tried the Randall, and if you want some good distorted sound you'll have to go for a pedal - it's own distortion tend to sound pretty bad unless you keep it low and play some really ambient things.
Name's Luca.

Quote by OliOsbourne
I don't know anything about this topic, but I just clicked on this thread because of your username :O
Quote by Cajundaddy
Clue: amplifiers amplify so don't turn it on if you need quiet.
Quote by chrismendiola
I guess spambots are now capable of reading minds.
The Valvestate is about the last amp you'd wanna use for blues. It does an ok crunch tone and that's about it. Valvestate has about the worst cleans you can have.

+1 for the vyper and also check out the Vox VT series. The VTs are my personal favorite dirt cheap amp.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
thx evryone i utubed the peavey vypyr 30 , sounds pretty good for what im after . has everything kinda built in to it.
Quote by lucky1978
The Valvestate is about the last amp you'd wanna use for blues. It does an ok crunch tone and that's about it. Valvestate has about the worst cleans you can have.

+1 for the vyper and also check out the Vox VT series. The VTs are my personal favorite dirt cheap amp.

which vox vt ? dont want nething huge as in size, but has effects etc... somethin similar to the peavey vypyr 30???
It would certainly be a better option than the ones you listed. Budget may be an issue though because they go for closer to $300. Your best bet would be to watch ebay. They normally go for a bit more than you have but occasionally you see them within your budget. You'll have to be patient and do some sniping.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
ok i rang about at some music shops in my area this is the options they gave me

vox vt40
fender mustang 3
peavey vypyr 30

im looking at mainly just a 10inch - 12inch speaker etc...
hopin to pik up second hand ,,, cud stretch my budget to 250 or so...

which has the more effects? n quaility ? best out of?
Last edited by ratchet13 at Sep 18, 2013,
Quote by ratchet13
ok i rang about at some music shops in my area this is the options they gave me

vox vt80
fender mustang 3
peavey vypyr 30

im looking at mainly just a 10inch - 12inch speaker etc...
hopin to pik up second hand ,,, cud stretch my budget to 250 or so...

you want a 12" IMO that is one of the most important things for more of a natural guitar tone (potentially due to convention).
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by ratchet13
which vox vt ? dont want nething huge as in size, but has effects etc... somethin similar to the peavey vypyr 30???

Whatever size you want? Grab your guitar and go try all the amps out. They all have their fans so it's really a preference thing.
Fender Mustang/Derfenstein DST> Boss Power Wah> Pedal Monsters Klone> Bogner Uberschall> Walrus Audio Janus> Randall RM20> Line 6 M9> Randall RM20
gee id b ther all day or a week playin with all the effects etc. lol . just for home use. playin bit of blues metal rock. guess looking on utube of the peavey vypyr 30 , sounds good enough for me
I never liked my Vox VT for metal tones. It was an older model but still contained all the models it has today. The Randall RG100 I played is okay for metal with a boost in front of it, but I'm sure the 40 is not as good. The Valvestate is mediocre all around.

I would Recommend a Peavey Vypyr for the types of sounds you want. Just buy the best model of Vypyr you can afford. Pricing is quite a bit higher in Aus, so I don't know if you can get the 75watt version used.
Gear:

Squier Strat
Epiphone Explorer
Agile AL-3100

No AMP
Quote by evmac
I never liked my Vox VT for metal tones. It was an older model but still contained all the models it has today. The Randall RG100 I played is okay for metal with a boost in front of it, but I'm sure the 40 is not as good. The Valvestate is mediocre all around.

I would Recommend a Peavey Vypyr for the types of sounds you want. Just buy the best model of Vypyr you can afford. Pricing is quite a bit higher in Aus, so I don't know if you can get the 75watt version used.

thank you
I'll toss in another vote for the Peavey Vypyr.
Get at least the 30 watt version.
The Vox VT does blues and classic rock good, but the Vypyr blows it away for metal and can do blues as well.
thank you everyone for your input its helped me out... im guna buy the peavey vypyr 30
It's a good choice. Where did you find one within budget? Used?
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
Quote by Cathbard
It's a good choice. Where did you find one within budget? Used?

i got one brand new with 5yr warranty $279
Quote by ratchet13
i got one brand new with 5yr warranty $279

Cool, you will be happy for a long while

I cant believe that they cost that much more in Au, they are only $199 new here
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
HELP PLZZZZ... just recieved my vypyr 30... turned it on n had a play with it. then switched it off. then 2hrs later turned it back on n nothing? like its dead no lights etc... is there something im meant to do??
pull the popwer chord out and plug it bacdk in to the amp. sometimes these can get loose
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate