Hi everyone! I need your opinion)
Which guitar: Ibanez RG8, Schecter Omen 8 or Agile Septor 827 is better as first 8 string guitar and why?!)
(I cant go to the shop and try/listen to it - there is no such guitars in shop in my region, and I will buy it in online-shop, new guitar (not from ebay))
Thanks for any answers)
Although I'm a huge Ibanez fan I would NOT recomend the Ibanez RG8. The pickups are pretty bad. Unfortunately only the RG2228 is what I consider a "good" 8 string guitar by Ibanez. But their price is around 1800-2000 bucks.
The Shecter on the other hand is quite good. I've only heard good things about it considering tone, price, quality etc. Seems like you can't go wrong with this one. Even die-hard-Ibanez-fans claim that it feels and plays just as smooth as typical Ibanez Wizard-neck guitars and it has by far better pickups than the cheap Ibanez 8 string models.
Can't say anything about the Agile though.
I can afford to change/replace Ibanez pickups) Schecter neck looks weak in comparison with titanium gain Ibanez neck. Am I wrong?
Quote by olgerd666
I can afford to change/replace Ibanez pickups) Schecter neck looks weak in comparison with titanium gain Ibanez neck. Am I wrong?

Schechter necks don't feel as nice or easy to learn on as Ibanez necks, but I'm not sure about sturdiness. Haven't tested many Agile necks myself so no comment there.
o()o

Quote by JamSessionFreak
yes every night of my entire life i go to bed crying because i wasnt born american
Quote by olgerd666

There is nothing wrong with Schecter necks at all. They're often made from 3 pieces of wood glued together in a laminate to make the neck stable.
Quote by EpiExplorer
Schechter necks don't feel as nice or easy to learn on as Ibanez necks

That's entirely personal opinion. What works for some players may not work for you, Please do not try to enforce personal preferences as facts.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
Last edited by T00DEEPBLUE at Sep 17, 2013,
You should at the very least try out some Ibanez and Schecter 7-strings so you get an idea of what the differences between the two are...shouldn't be impossible to try find some you could try wherever you may live.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
Quote by Shor
You should at the very least try out some Ibanez and Schecter 7-strings so you get an idea of what the differences between the two are...shouldn't be impossible to try find some you could try wherever you may live.

Sorry man, where I live there is only Yamaha Pacifica and Fender Squier in the shops, and I cant go anothe town or country for trade. No 7-8 strings guitar at all. only 6 string. I bought my ESP LTD MH400 at online-shop. And I cant try this guitar and get MY OPINION. There is a reason to make this topic.
Quote by ChucklesMginty
But an opinion many people share so it's worth mentioning.

Many people share the opposing view too. That's my point.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
I've owned many Schecters and Ibanezs. They play completely different but both have necks that are solid and feel great. Every ibanez I've owned has a very similar feel neck wise(besides the mushok baritone). Schecters, on the other hand, have a variety of neck shapes. i will say that every Ibanez I've owned has been on the lower end of the line and the baritone wasn't mine.
I'm really not sure what to recommend here. I mean, ideally...the best thing is to try a guitar out. I personally have heard a lot of good things about that Agile and Schetcher Omen you mentioned, TS. I can tell you, if I had the money, I think I'd personally get the Agile. (Although, because I'm a sucker for active pickups, I'd probably replace the pickups, lol.)