Yesterday I finally pulled the trigger on the ESP Horizon from 1987 I saw for the first time about half a year ago.

I brought it home to try it on my own rig and was completely blown away by it. I thought the guitar I played before this was a fine axe( Saint blues Mississippi bluesmaster), but the increase in tone, playability and comfort with the Horizon blew my socks clean off. I instantly knew this purchase has not been a mistake! It is the smoothest playing guitar I have ever played, it almost seems to do the work for you, tapping for instance takes half the effort it did on my previous guitar. I suppose the jumbo frets are to thank for that!
For a guitar 26 years of age it looks in great shape, there is one small nick just below the knobs, but you'd have to search for it to find it.
The guitar needs some work though, so today I will take it back to the shop to get it serviced. The trem is missing a part and one of the three knobs needs replacement. It will also be restrung, cleaned and set up. The tech guy was not available to do it yesterday, so I took my chance to take it home to play it and I can't say I regret that!

Finally I want to thank the kind people that helped me on deciding to buy this guitar in the thread i made a few weeks ago! I don't think I would've dared to buy this without all of your advice!
Look out: Shred Ahead!

HNGD! That's a nice shade of red.
Sturgeon's 2nd Law, a.k.a. Sturgeon's Revelation: “Ninety percent of everything is crap.”

Why, yes, I am a lawyer- thanks for asking!

Log off and play yer guitar!

Strap on, tune up, rock out!
Thanks guys! Dat feeling of holding my dream guitar in my hands....
awesome
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Sweet score! HNGD!
Gibson LP traditional and DC standard, PRS S2 Custom 24, Schecter Banshee 7
EVH 5153, Mesa DR Tremoverb combo 2-2x12's
Line 6 M13
Nice HNGD! I prefer this headstock to the newer ones
Jackson DK2FS
Fernandes FR-65

Morley pro series pedal
BBE two time Delay
Empress Nebulus
Subdecay Quantum Quasar
Solid Gold FX Nitro

Blackstar HT stage 100
Marshal 1922 2x12 (V-30, Greenback)
Beautiful guitar may you enjoy a long and loving future together.
I shouldn't post when drunk..

07 LTD MH400NT SD SH2/SH5
15 Jackson SLATHX-m 3-7 Slime green
Squier std tele (modded to hell)

Engl Powerball
Laney Ironheart 60h
Zilla Superfatboy 2x12 v30's

Pedals
Man I am so glad you finally got it. I knew you would be happy with it. Those were some awesome pieces.
Ibanez SR1200E
I'm really glad I got it myself too! The increase in quality with this guitar was a revelation to me. Playing my old guitar now just feels like it's just quite not there or something. Now I just hope they finish the repairs quickly so I can pick it up and play it again, I miss her!
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
^
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?